• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
El Alamein - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: El Alamein (/showthread.php?tid=50489)

Pages: 1 2

El Alamein - Cobalt - 03-08-2009

I would like to put together a mini-campaign around the battle El Alamein and need 12 to play.

There would be a commander for each side. I have played both raz.atoth and tididinca, not for a victory but to learn pbem tactics. The point being the commanders should be of that caliber.

It is a fairly simple plan.

1. I put together the forces and map of a connected sector of the battle.
2. 6 sectors per side.
3. All 6 under the control of the commander.
4. Each map will have a historical force to battle with.
5. The commander can also battle in one of the mini games.
6. The overall board will be the 6 battle maps connected plus two maps deep and the flags will be on the second map.
7. After the first round only the units that survived move on too the second round. Same for third round.
8. The commander has reinforcements and can assign them according to his tactics after the first and second round.
9. After 3 rounds the total points for round 1, 2 and 3 are added together plus the flag points at the end of round 3.
10. The commander dictates the over all strategy.
11. I will pick a sector of the El Alamein battle that fits the requirements and was a fairly even battle.
12. If we do not get 12 than some can play multiple sector maps, umm ON THE SAME SIDE. lol

RE: El Alamein - Cobalt - 03-09-2009

I guess the answer is not a chance. lol

At least it saves me 20 hours of work.

RE: El Alamein - cargol - 03-09-2009

Why dont you try FGM also? we have varius tourneys running
and space for new ones.
Sending you the link http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/

RE: El Alamein - Cobalt - 03-09-2009

Thamks for the offer cargol but I will work on it here in the scenario testing.

RE: El Alamein - herroberst - 03-10-2009

Herroberst will play when you are ready.

RE: El Alamein - Mad_Dog - 03-10-2009

I would enjoy playing this as well. I can help with some research,etc, for a few hours a week probably. If I had a real map to copy, I could probably even make a map or two. I think this would be a lot of fun, email me with what you may need to get some of the groundwork done, and then you could put out a call for players again, when everything is more concrete. Hope to hear from you soon!

RE: El Alamein - animal mother - 03-10-2009

Hi!

That sounds interesting. I would like to join if possible and also contribute with something if able to. When do You plan to run it? Because I will be off-line between 03/27/09 and 04/15/09.

Cheers
Michael

RE: El Alamein - Cobalt - 03-10-2009

I think we have enough to start putting things together, although any others willing to volunteer would be appreciated.

I will find the appropriate sector of the El Alamein battlefront. Mad_Dog is in charge of the map design. I will provide him with the rough outlay.

I will send out the full campaign design and we can work on it and use it as a rough outline to get things going.

I will get it out by Wednesday.

Thanks

RE: El Alamein - Cobalt - 03-11-2009

This will be the mini-campaign if anyone would like to help let me know, thanks.

Eighth Army's final attack:

On 26/27 July, 1942 Auchinleck launched an Operation in the northern sector in a

final attempt to break the Axis forces. The attack started at Ruin Ridge. The 24th

Australian Brigade managed to take their objectives on Ruin Ridge by 0200 hours of

27 July.To the south of Ruin Ridge, the British 69th Brigade followed and managed

to take their objectives by about 0800. However, the supporting units became lost

in the darkness or delayed by minefields, leaving the attackers isolated and

exposed. The British armoured brigades did not advance as planned.Rommel launched

an immediate counterattack and the German armoured battlegroups overran the

attackers before noon. The British and Australians suffered more than 1000

casualties for no gain.

It should fit the requirements.

RE: El Alamein - Kelen - 03-11-2009

Still relatively new to CMAK, but currently playing a North Africa game against Mad Dog at the moment and, although it's a theatre I've not had much experience in gaming with I'm enjoying it.

So if you are still in need of players, count me in. Also, If I can do anything to help let me know.