• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board (/showthread.php?tid=47640)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 08-23-2008

Saint Ruth Wrote:I wallowed in the Sun for the 8 hours of so that I was ELO leader, but my time is over.

My time's running out too mate, I had a spate of ELO-boosting wins in the Green Light Tourney because my oppos opted to take the weaker Russian side for the first game, but in the mirrors i'll be the Russians and will be snuffed out soon enough..
"Out, out, brief candle"..

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 08-24-2008

Arnie! Arnie! yesterday I was ELO leader but now Saint Ruth is top gun and I've slumped to 2nd place!!!

"Take it easy, you'll be back"..

[Image: arn.jpg]

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 08-25-2008

Yah the ELO maths take some figuring out, there I was at the top with 2351 points, but after reporting 2 draws and a Tac win, my points dropped to 2338 and I slipped to 2nd place!
Both the guys I got the draws against are tough hombres (Herroberst and Marshall666), and the tac win was also against Marshall666, yet I LOST ELO points..:eek:

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 08-25-2008

ARRGH, now I've just lost another 12 points and slipped to 4th in the ELO alltime ladder simply because I just reported a Draw against Kevman!
I've always had trouble figuring out the rules in TV game shows, but this ELO business is cracking me up; it seems every time I get a draw I lose points and it's a case of "Come on down the ladder"..

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - RedDevil - 08-26-2008

PoorOldSpike Wrote:
Der Kuenstler Wrote:...the traditional ELO leaders have all been banned for their behavior.

I've been banned from their clubs ladders so it cuts both ways..:)

ROFLMGDFAO

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 08-26-2008

Mind you I miss my old pals..;)

**Edited by moderator**

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 08-30-2008

Actually on second thoughts the Blitz ladders better than most, for example I just issued 10 CM pbem challenges to the top 10 guys in another club, but their boss said "They won't play you because under our system they'll stand to lose lots of points, you'll have to challenge lower-ranked players"
So I replied "No way hozay, I'm not looking for easy wins!"
He replied- "In that case you're no longer welcome, bye"..

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 08-31-2008

I've been studying the Blitz ladder in all its glory recently and see it throws up some interesting facts depending on what settings you use to view it. For example M1A1 has played 117 games in the last 6 months, which works out at over 4 games a week, pretty good going..

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 09-01-2008

I think I like the ELO/ 12 months/ 10+ games ladder settings best because they give a neat coverage of everybody who's played at least 10 games over the past year and are therefore reasonably active players in the CM community.
This is how the top looks today (31 Aug 08)-

[Image: lada.gif]
[Image: ladb.gif]

RE: Aug.'s Top 10 Ladder Board - PoorOldSpike - 09-01-2008

And as a matter of interest if we set it to show everybody who's played 100+ games over the past year, it looks like this below (31 Aug 08).
Note there are only 6 people on it, they must be real pathetic CM freakheads in lieu of a proper life, regularly finishing at least 2 games a week..;)

[Image: lad100.gif]