• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: CM AAR/DAR Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto (/showthread.php?tid=44979)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - mfreeman - 04-30-2008

More ... More ... More ...

You are very funny. Thanks for the laughs.

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - Copper - 04-30-2008

And now for a 17th century boring English poet moment:

John Donne once wrote the prosaic line: ""Like gold to airy thinness beat", to describe the bond between two people expanding outwards infinitely. You see, gold can be hammered (beat) into extremely thin gold leaf, which then can cover an area far greater than its original size. I feel like I have a similar bond with Dave.

That's why I have no problem kicking him in the nuts.

(btw, John Donne's brother, and a long distant relative of "Larry the Cable Guy" turned the poetic and warm phrase on its head after a binge night of drinking. When asked in the morning how he felt, he responded with, "Like sh*t to airy thinness beat"... it was from this that the famous cliche "I feel like hammered sh*t" was born.)

Speaking of hammered sh*t, there are a few Soviet troopers that at one time were eagerly looking to sink their buckteeth into my big kitties... they have other things on their mind now... like a ton of HE...

[Image: cage11-10.jpg]

It looks like at least two platoons of Soviet infantry are off down the yipe, yipe trail to ARSEKICKEDROVIA.... sort of like Margaritaville, but without the Margaritas and a lot of large boots in the arse.

With the retreat of their cowardly tank support, these boys are dun. I'm sure my little MG crew is going to strut around and yodel about how they "defended their hawse" and that those kitties were just window dressing... I'll let them think that for now...

Back in town, my plans are unfolding as I had directed...

[Image: cage11-11.jpg]

The Romuck who had the temerity to try to attempt to burgle my big town flag is headed for the river to douse the flames...

The rest of the village is lighting up like a pinball machine:

[Image: cage11-12.jpg]

NOTE* I realized too late that my FT dude was too close to my Turan Turan area fire, and the pesky varmint romuck who should be pasted to the roof of that small heavy building still lives... I guess he'll get a shot of some firewater next turn.

Now to my poor Klaus in his inneffectual Puma... I think the trauma with Hans brother/sister has set in deep and he has a death wish... I ordered him to wheel around and confront the little light tank that's pissing on my lawn, and he does exactly as ordered... gets into the LOS of the Romuck light tanks, and then reaches for a bottle and starts to drink, waiting expectantly for a 37mm shell to enter through the turret and end the pain... lucky for me, one of his crew pushes the babbling Klaus out of the way and after two side bounces from the 37 popgun, this unfolds:

[Image: cage11-13.jpg]

Two more full frontal penetrations on the R-2... and still no kill... This PUMA is sort of like yank "haunted tank" Stuart of comic book lore, but instead of being able to kill KING TIGERS with JEB'S 37mm supernatural ghostbuster cannon, old Klaus and company can't run diarrhea down a hill on a hot day in Calcutta to save their lives.

So far, Klaus's trauma is really starting to cramp my style.

Lastly, my poor sniper lowers his head and sadly marches off to his doom:

[Image: cage11-14.jpg]

As always, a good scout is a dead scout.

[Image: cage11-15.jpg]

I'm going to have to figure out a way to rip that western flag on the hill out of Dave's hot little hands...

I hope those Soviets like Turan Turan.

"His name is Boris and he bleeds upon the sand... he's defied Leto, and will now die for the motherland!"

or something like that...

: )

From what I'm told, Dave is busy rubbing old teapots desperately looking for a Genie... the book of magic spells that he borrowed from the Coil that was used to immobilize my tanks doesn't seem to have enough magic left in it...

Let's hope that Klaus's depression isn't catching... Dave isn't done just yet... far from it... and I expect a few more foul deeds to be perpetrated upon me yet.

OH MY GOD!! SOMEONE JUST THREW A SET OF KEYS AT LETO AND HIT HIM IN THE EYE!!! HE'S TORN BACK THE SIDE OF THE CAGE AND IS NOW OUT IN THE CROWD LOOKING FOR THIS GUY!! LETO'S COACH IS DIRECTING HIM TO BEAT ON SEVERAL SPECTATORS, BUT I DON'T THINK HE'S FOUND THE GUY YET!! BUT THE FANS ARE STANDING UP TO HIM,
Bootie Wrote:Moderated Rule 2 - baiting of members to get an inflammatory response
THE PEANUT VENDORS ARE STANDING UP TO HIM!!! AND MY GOD, IF I WAS DOWN THERE, I'D BE STANDING UP TO HIM!!!

[Image: Hansons37c.jpg]

Cheers!

Leto

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - Mikey_FGM - 04-30-2008

Panthers performance prove perfect as they pour on piles of petulance, drowning placid SMG pups, who plead their pixelated placations...

[Image: LetoPunchout.jpg]

Leto need now just deliver a solitary "Final Blow" to immolate his immobile opponent. Gloved plumbiferous fist reflects a quivering visage...

Big Grin

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - Copper - 04-30-2008

Mikey Wrote:Panthers performance prove perfect as they pour on piles of petulance, drowning placid SMG pups, who plead their pixelated placations...

[Image: LetoPunchout.jpg]

Leto need now just deliver a solitary "Final Blow" to immolate his immobile opponent. Gloved plumbiferous fist reflects a quivering visage...

Big Grin

THAT is frickin hilarious!

I may need to go buy photoshop...

Cheers!

Leto

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - Copper - 05-01-2008

As work beckons... a brief synopsis of the turn in pictures...

Dave's Romuck advance into my side of the village heats up (obvious pun, have mercy on me!):

[Image: cage12-10.jpg]

[Image: cage12-11.jpg]

I'm going to have to figure out a way to knock out those pillboxes...

On the hill, revenge is enacted upon the Soviet scourge who murdered our poor philosopher/sniper/scout previous:

[Image: cage12-13.jpg]

On the right, my lone MG continues to route an entire company of SMG troops (or so the vain little unit believes):

[Image: cage12-14.jpg]

It's been a long day for Dave so far... but Dave's a killer, right?

[Image: Killer2c.jpg]

lol!

Cheers!

Leto

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - Mikey_FGM - 05-01-2008

Quote:I may need to go buy photoshop...

My dear Leto, Welcome to the internet:

http://www.bittorrent.com/

Software, games, music, movies, Course Tutorials, ebooks, DVD's... Anything and Everything Digital... Free.

The culmination of the Digital Era is a veritable orgasm of free booty.

It's not pirating, it's being an effective consumer!

:pirate: AARGGG!!! :pirate:

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - Copper - 05-01-2008

Well, as long as I am waste deep in the Slap Shot photos...

[Image: Moec.jpg]

Cheers!

Leto

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - herroberst - 05-02-2008

Okay, yes, Leto, I have now read your post, and it is funny - to paraphrase -

We [elite wargaming mo' fo's] few, we [drunken and debauched] happy few, we band of [incredibly funny weirdos] brothers, for those of you who fight with me [on the virtural battlefield we love so much] this Saint Crispins Day will forever be a band of brothers [and good friends and comrades who can take it and dish it out and don't get to shook up about it as it is a game].

Leto, I'm starting to think you are paranoid schizophrenic with your up and down emails - chill brother, I enjoy you beating me all the time... your day is coming

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - Copper - 05-02-2008

herroberst Wrote:Okay, yes, Leto, I have now read your post, and it is funny - to paraphrase -

We [elite wargaming mo' fo's] few, we [drunken and debauched] happy few, we band of [incredibly funny weirdos] brothers, for those of you who fight with me [on the virtural battlefield we love so much] this Saint Crispins Day will forever be a band of brothers [and good friends and comrades who can take it and dish it out and don't get to shook up about it as it is a game].

Leto, I'm starting to think you are paranoid schizophrenic with your up and down emails - chill brother, I enjoy you beating me all the time... your day is coming

I only mentioned the DAR because I had heard through the grapevine that you appreciated fine literature after studying at Oxford.

...and yes, I know that one day the levee will break.

Cheers!

Leto

*BTW, I'm the one that told Leto about your Oxford days, he just doesn't remember though (I studied at Oxford too!).

Good gaming,

Harold

**Don't listen to Harold, he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just made all that stuff up. He's a consummate liar and is continually making things up. If it wasn't for me keeping both of them in line, they'd both be in jail right now.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

RE: THE BLITZ EXTREME CAGE MATCH: COL T vs [hirr]Leto - The Coil - 05-02-2008

herroberst Wrote:Leto, I'm starting to think you are paranoid schizophrenic

You know what they say - it's not paranoia if people really are trying to kill you. As irritation as Leto is, it's not a real stretch to imagine there are some folks out there trying to off him.

herroberst Wrote:your day is coming

Talk to me, H, and I'll tell you how to switch the secret 'opponents tanks always bog' toggle to 'ON'