• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. (/showthread.php?tid=38740)

Pages: 1 2

BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - jawsconan - 01-21-2007

RE: BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - Copper - 01-21-2007

ELO Ladder is already available for you to look at by simply clicking the ELO section. It will instantly list the ladder by ELO?

Aha... just re-read your post. I understand now. I wouldnt have a problem with that but you gotta remember ELO is very vague because there are so many variables within CM.

Bootie

RE: BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - Ratzki - 01-21-2007

You could maybe split the present ladder into segments based on the number of games completed. Thatway you could see who was the leader in the group that has played,... say under 20 games, then the next group could be 100 games or so, add a few more levels followed by the overall leader. Would this do? I don't mind the ladder as is but do see the issue that Jaws has. Just a thought.

RE: BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - Copper - 01-21-2007

Well it really has nought to do with me as RedDevil is the main man regarding ladder stuff and I do know he has a few things in the pipeline so Im sure if he see's merit in implementing anything like this he will go ahead and try it. Its good to get feedback though and hear what you guys are thinking.

RE: BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - RedDevil - 01-21-2007

RE: BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - jawsconan - 01-21-2007

If technical solution is not realistic, an other solution would be to propose a vote to the members for what ranking system parameter they would like by default.

Bootie, if you think the ELO is vague, here is a proposal of a simple evaluating Player Value (PV). It is simple and balanced.
With this system, a player can reach the top of the ladder and can also down at the bottom. No position is nearly definitive.
It reflects at everytime the real potential of a player, and everybody has a chance to reach the top of the ladder.
Don't worry, i am not leading a revolution ! The debate is not to introduce it in the Blitz system. It is only a way to show you that many efficient and precise possibilities exist and could be an alternative at the "vague" ELO as you speak about.

cheers.
Hubert

[Image: ladderscoring3sm.th.jpg]

Jaws? where is this system you speak of? Send me the data and table and formula for obtaining these results and we can look at them

RE: BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - jawsconan - 01-21-2007

Hi.

Well, this system is in my head only and on an excel file on my computer.
If you want to have a look at it, i just can send it to you by email after that i will improve its presentation, althought all the formulas and explanations are already on the picture and permit to simulate many events on an excel file.

It is just an idea which could be analysed and developed but i know that the Blitz calculation structure is completly different of this mod and it would be really difficult to apply.
So, my intention is just to show that there are many interesting and different ways to evaluate CM gamers. However, all ideas and opinions are welcome about it.

Hubert.

sure send it to me and the staff can look it over and see what we can do with it, you never know.

RE: BLITZ CM LADDER, i vote for this change. - jawsconan - 01-22-2007

Ok, i finalised the Simulator excel file.
It works properly with explanations of parameters and calculation.
I send it to you right now by email.

If anyone is interested to try and have a look on this new evaluating players mod, just tell me, i would send you the excel file.

It is really easy to use as there are only 2 informations to input (percentages of the game result) and 2 informations to select on a list (game's size and game's result level).

Cheers.
Hubert