• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Interesting behavior - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Interesting behavior (/showthread.php?tid=39325)

Pages: 1 2

Interesting behavior - Jobu88 - 02-25-2007

Anybody ever see this before?

I'm playing a game of CMAK with USS Wyoming. He and I have both had squads or crews that were Broken take off running-- directly towards the enemy! Of course they get shot down or captured immediately. I have never seen that before in any CM game. And the enemy forces are nearby in large numbers, so it's not like the Broken squads didn't know where the enemy was, or thought maybe they could reach that clump of trees 200 meters away despite the company of enemy troops blocking the way.

Only thing I can think of is that somehow there's a glitch with the setup zones? But I set up the game and they appear OK.

Were playing the Tanks Tanks Tanks scenario in H2H, by the way. Very much a Gunfight at the OK Corral kind of game---lots of tank duels.

RE: Interesting behavior - Soldier - 02-25-2007

Hi Jobu88,

I've had that very same thing happen to me in "Bastongettefinal,'' playing US against Ron Richmond(FGM)..
We,ve discussed it as strange happening as well and decided that the scenario set up itself was to blame.
In that scenario, the German forces starts the game/battle set up in all four corners of the map. Having the US troops surrounded right from the very beginning.
Near the end of the game, the noose was even tighter, with my force fighting a last ditch battle in the city itself. That is when my infantry (defending from foxholes just on edge of town) would surrender in droves to the Germans, instead of retreating a few meters into the safety of the buildings just behind them.. :-(

RE: Interesting behavior - Copper - 02-25-2007

Yeah the friendly map edges have been set up wrong.

Normally the troops would retreat to the friendly edge but if the edgs are opposite what they should be when the troops break they run directly at the enemy and get slaughtered or captured.

RE: Interesting behavior - Copper - 02-25-2007

Saying that though Im playing Tanks tanks tanks too and havent noticed anything like that just yet??

RE: Interesting behavior - Jobu88 - 02-26-2007

The map edges.......didn't think of that, just the setup zones.

Still a pretty entertaining scenario.

Thanks Bootie.

RE: Interesting behavior - Soldier - 02-26-2007

From the discussions above, I gather that my situation was completely different and correct for that matter.
My force was completely surrounded, therefore no friendly map edge..
No wonder those Yankee Cowards surrendered the way they did..
(Just kidding, live in USA myself) ... :-)

RE: Interesting behavior - The Coil - 02-26-2007

IIRC, having enemies between your men and the friendly map edge ups the chance of surrender. So if the map edges are set up wrong, your men flee in the wrong direction and surrender way more quickly. Playing Clearing the Corridor right now, Germans start out surrounded in the woods, and a few of my opponents' squad have surrendered remarkably quickly - I think it's because those squads are on the 'wrong' side of the encirlement.

RE:��Interesting behavior - Colonel Talvela - 02-26-2007

RE: ��Interesting behavior - The Coil - 02-26-2007

RE:����Interesting behavior - Colonel Talvela - 02-26-2007