• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Hard Luck or Normal? - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hard Luck or Normal? (/showthread.php?tid=40883)

Pages: 1 2 3

Hard Luck or Normal? - Extraordinarius - 06-09-2007

I have taken T-34/85s into action against Tiger I's four times now, and I am finding that penetrating hits do not kill Tigers. I have made not less than 14 penetrating hits (one game had three T-34s and two AT guns firing from <400 meters, scoring hits so fast that the data was obscured) with the 85mm gun, and only the very first hit was a kill. Also, not one of three gun hits has kept the hit Tiger from squashing the T-34 that did it. Is this a run of real bad luck, or is this average performance for penetrating hits by the 85L55?

Game story. For definite hard luck, in a game just finished today I bought higher quality crews for the first time. A Tiger, buttoned up, charged over a ridgeline and killed a crack and two veteran tanks, unbuttoned and arc centered on the approaching enemy, at <200 meters. They missed clean with six rounds while the Tiger killed them with four hits. If that was "dphillipsd" using up his good luck, somebody can challenge him now.

RE: Hard Luck or Normal? - Copper - 06-09-2007

dphillipsd... Im playing him in Domination at the minute so I hope he has used up all his good luck against you... HAHA

RE: Hard Luck or Normal? - McIvan - 06-10-2007

Not that unusual for the gun hits, very very unlucky for the penetrating hits. The Tiger is a roomy vehicle, and will survive hits more often than some smaller tanks, but you would expect at least 1 kill per two penetrating hits.

RE: Hard Luck or Normal? - kineas - 06-10-2007

The best way is to test it out in a hotseat game with yourself. You can see the internal effects of the hits too.

RE: Hard Luck or Normal? - Extraordinarius - 06-10-2007

Very time consuming, so I thought I would just ask. I'm already caught up trying to find the value of vehicle MGs other than heavy. It may simplify with experience, but it is drudgery right now trying to make the right modifications to units.

RE: Hard Luck or Normal? - Ratzki - 06-10-2007

I have never had much luck with that 85mm gun either. I've pushed rounds into the sides, tailpipe and everywhere else with no real consistancy. I have killed way more Tigers with an SU152 then anything else, it takes a bit more planning but they don't seem to like tose big shells smacking them around.

RE: Hard Luck or Normal? - Grumlin - 06-10-2007

Don't forget the impact the quality of the enemy crew can have, especially in AFVs like the Tiger. If I am going to buy one, I make sure the crew is as good as possible to reduce the abandonment chances by what seems like a LOT!

grum

RE: Hard Luck or Normal? - MGK(FGM) - 06-12-2007

I show you how to kill a tiger with one shot from L38 sherman :)
and here how this happend
1) My tiger is running fast to kill enemy infantry at the flag
[Image: tyg1.jpg]
Sherman is firing at my boys in house

So Tiger is moving fast forward
[Image: tyg2.jpg]

No clear LOS !
[Image: tyg3.jpg]