• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
More on new scenario builds - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: More on new scenario builds (/showthread.php?tid=50644)

More on new scenario builds - Glint - 03-22-2009

Another really hard process I've had is, trying to formulate a scenario-build format with another guy, we went for a maximum map size of 400x400 in JTCS, only to find the game won't run replay! I have a laptop running vista, dual core processor and I believe,my friend has a more powerful set-up, BUT WE CAN'T WATCH THE REPLAY OF EACH OTHER'S TURN !!!!!! A bit of a bummer after all the work done over months of work!
regards
Peter

RE: More on new scenario builds - Jason Petho - 03-22-2009

Odd. I'm running a campaign on a 500 x 400ish map and am able to watch the replay?

This machine is an XP machine though, I haven't tried it on a Vista machine.

Jason Petho

RE: More on new scenario builds - Glint - 03-22-2009

I thought it was a memory thing Jason. It seemed to run as a standard game but PBEM took a few minutes to load up and as I said, when watching a replay, the system just hangs?

RE: More on new scenario builds - K K Rossokolski - 03-23-2009

I had a possibly similar phenomenon with my Iwo Jima scen [presently in H2H} which is only a small map (38x44) and a corpsish size force. But everything is very concentrated, esp in the landing area I have XP. 1.6 giga flatules and 1 googa barrell of RUM..... something like that.

I had to take some of the Japs off and bring them on as reinfs, which is silly but was the only way I could get it to play.

RE: More on new scenario builds - Valor - 03-24-2009

I have had a problem trying to play one of Earl's Campaigns on my old Toshiba. I was sure I would have to skip replays, but after advice from Reddog (Thanks again, mate cheers ) I just confirmed that I wanted to watch the replay and left machine for some time to do the calculations - with blacj screen. After few minutes voilla the replay was running. Machine needed just some time to do the math Big Grin

Maybe that's the same problem?

Regards

Slawek

RE: More on new scenario builds - Glint - 03-24-2009

Cheers guys, Slawek- I'll try that. I'll leave it running overnight, lol!
regards
Peter

RE: More on new scenario builds - Von Luck - 03-24-2009

Large games ie huge map lots of units will take time to process.Your talking maybe 5/6/7/8 minutes on slower PC's.Even mine which is fairly up to date takes a couple of minutes to my turn with very large scenarios and that's with not watching the battle reply.

RE: More on new scenario builds - Glint - 03-26-2009

Eureka ! Left it running for 15 minutes and then, fully loaded for replay,lol!
Thank guys!
Peter