• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
CM Armor Quality Values - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: CM Armor Quality Values (/showthread.php?tid=51766)

CM Armor Quality Values - Jumbo - 06-15-2009

Hello to all,

I'm working up some armor values on the Campaign Series game. I Know the CM game provides armor quality ratings for the various nations in the game. For example an American M4A3 Sherman has an armor quality of what I remember at 90%. I do not have the CM game. Would anyone be so helpful as to provide me those armor quality values or could let me know where I can access them. Thanks!

Regards,

Eric Applequist

RE: CM Armor Quality Values - Joonny - 06-15-2009

Name me some AFVs and i'll see what i can do.

RE: CM Armor Quality Values - Jumbo - 06-15-2009

Hi Joonny,

I'm looking for pretty much every tanks armor quality across the board. For instance I recall seeing some American tanks ( M4A3 Sherman as an example ) having an armor quality of 90%, And a U.K. Churchill with a 95% quality if my memory is correct. I did not see any mention on say a German Panther or Tiger tanks armor quality. So with that I'm assuming those German tanks effective armor protection would be at full value. I appreciate you response. Thanks!

Regards,

Eric

RE: CM Armor Quality Values - Joonny - 06-15-2009

Ok i'll dig out as many as i can tommorow :)

RE: CM Armor Quality Values - Jumbo - 06-16-2009

Thanks Joonny !!!

RE: CM Armor Quality Values - Kelen - 06-16-2009

I've got all those details for the armour in CMBO which I'll fire over to you.

RE: CM Armor Quality Values - Joonny - 06-16-2009

Here's the quality values for soviet tanks in june 1941. I presume no armor quality data means the armor quality is 100%

[Image: armqual-june41.jpg]

Direct Link For Image File

RE: CM Armor Quality Values - Jumbo - 06-17-2009

Hi Joonny,

Thanks for the image. Loading it onto my computer, But could not view image in a large enough view to look at the specifics on any of the vehicals. I did however get to look at a very clear image of a page found in the Combat Mission: Barbarrossa to Berlin strategy guide version #2. That viewed page showed all IS series Russian heavy tanks having an armor quality of 90%. I'd have to believe early war Russian tanks would have armor quality that was no better. The U.S. did recieve a KV-1 M42 and T-34/76 M42 from the Russians early on in the war to examine. The U.S. through testing of their armor plate, found that both tanks shipped over to them had poor quality armor plate. And that was by U.S. standards.

RE: CM Armor Quality Values - Joonny - 06-17-2009

Actually quite a few tanks appear to have full armor quality, tends to be the light armor however.

If you have photoshop or even the zoom function in windows picture viewer should let you zoom in enough if you still need it.