• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
diasappeared opponent - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: diasappeared opponent (/showthread.php?tid=57273)

Pages: 1 2

diasappeared opponent - pawter - 11-08-2010

What to do?

I was three quarters of the way through a game with an opponent who would normally turn around more than one turn per day. Things had reached a stage whereby the situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage, and he stops replying to my emails. No forewarning (as is usual) like "I'm going on a work trip for 4 days" or "my hard drive is sick" etc. Nothing.

Several times I've tried the usual "did you get my last turn? please find attached again" and then an outright request to know what he wants to do but no reply to more than 5 emails over the past fortnight.

Of course I feel short-changed after investing the effort in the game to be denied the opportunity to play it out; win, loose or draw. But also I've only completed 2 games thusfar and want some points to increase my rank on the ladder so I have some form when I challenge players (not this one again!) in future.

ps. I note my recalcitrant correspondent regularly logs onto this site (e.g. today) so I know he has access to the internet.

RE: diasappeared opponent - Antoni Chmielowski - 11-08-2010

Hi Pawter,

Read ROE #9 and it will explain what you need to do.

(11-08-2010, 11:22 PM)pawter Wrote: What to do?

I was three quarters of the way through a game with an opponent who would normally turn around more than one turn per day. Things had reached a stage whereby the situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage, and he stops replying to my emails. No forewarning (as is usual) like "I'm going on a work trip for 4 days" or "my hard drive is sick" etc. Nothing.

Several times I've tried the usual "did you get my last turn? please find attached again" and then an outright request to know what he wants to do but no reply to more than 5 emails over the past fortnight.

Of course I feel short-changed after investing the effort in the game to be denied the opportunity to play it out; win, loose or draw. But also I've only completed 2 games thusfar and want some points to increase my rank on the ladder so I have some form when I challenge players (not this one again!) in future.

ps. I note my recalcitrant correspondent regularly logs onto this site (e.g. today) so I know he has access to the internet.

RE: diasappeared opponent - Splork - 11-09-2010

(11-08-2010, 11:22 PM)pawter Wrote: ...the situation has developed not necessarily to Japan's advantage...

Japan???? :conf:

RE: diasappeared opponent - Der Kuenstler - 11-10-2010

[/quote]

Japan???? :conf:
[/quote]

No wonder it was going so bad, with no Japanese units in the game...Big Grin

RE: diasappeared opponent - pawter - 11-10-2010

Antoni, thanks for refering me to the relevant rule. I quoted it & problem has been resolved.

As regards Japan: I was paraphrasing Hirohito's 1945 radio announcement. An attempt to lighten a grave imputation with humour.

RE: diasappeared opponent - Splork - 11-10-2010

Ah - I thought I'd missed the release of CM:PTO or something. ;)

RE: diasappeared opponent - Antoni Chmielowski - 11-10-2010

No problem - always glad to help !

(11-10-2010, 10:28 AM)pawter Wrote: Antoni, thanks for refering me to the relevant rule. I quoted it & problem has been resolved.

As regards Japan: I was paraphrasing Hirohito's 1945 radio announcement. An attempt to lighten a grave imputation with humour.

RE: diasappeared opponent - FragerZ - 11-13-2010

If you can get your opponents password, I'll play the last part of the game with you

RE: diasappeared opponent - OWL - 11-14-2010

Check your mailbox, think i mailed you at least 5 times, zipped & unzipped.

Owl

RE: diasappeared opponent - pawter - 11-14-2010

Owl,

I've received 3 emails from you over the past days with the same file attached. I don't know what is going wrong with my replies but I've just now tried sending a reply from a new email account and server.

pawter