• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo (/showthread.php?tid=58786)

Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - enigma6584 - 05-11-2011

Does anyone want to share likes/dislikes?

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - Mad Russian - 05-11-2011

Maybe you could start.

Did you download the demo?

If so, what did you think of it?

There are 2 scenarios, a tutorial and a demo scenario. Both are extremely different in presentation.

Good Hunting.

MR

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - enigma6584 - 05-12-2011

Yes I have. I am evaluating it and will post here later. I wanted to see if anyone else has perceptions they want to share.

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - Ratzki - 05-12-2011

First off, after a little trouble on my end with the demo, I have to say that the looks of the game are quite improved. With this should come the immersion factor. It will be great when the full version comes, but at the moment I like it.

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - enigma6584 - 05-12-2011

Initial impressions: Armor is well done. Maps are beautifully done. I like the encyclopedia/stats pages for the units. Always wished CM series had this in. Many, many commands to give units.

Dislikes: The way infantry is modelled. I know it is to be revamped in PC4. Don't care for HUD interface. Seems difficult (at least to me) to get info you need or want on a unit quick. It could be though I'm just not used to this presentation style.

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - Ratzki - 05-12-2011

I think that it is the un-learning that a person has to do when we are all used to playing CM. It does take a little while to start to feel comfy with it. I have started using more of the keyboard commands as it feels better then trying to navigate through some of the orders boxes. After playing the games a couple times now, am getting better at the commands, they are pretty easy to remember.
I agree, the armor combat is good, I can live with the infantry combat for now untill the next installment of the series.

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - Herr Klopek - 05-13-2011

I've tried to download the demo several times with no success. I download the whole file but then get a Windows message telling me it can't save the file. Is it just me or has anyone else come across this?

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - Abn Air Cav - 05-13-2011

I did not try the demo, but I'm currently downloading the recently released full game. Party

I'm using the Firefox browser to download the file, I have not had issues with Windows saving a file that I've downloaded with Firefox. Not knowing what software you are using to download, I can only suggest the old advice of "reboot your Windows computer" and see if that helps. :chin:

RE: Panzer Command Ostfront Demo - Herr Klopek - 05-13-2011

(05-13-2011, 05:46 AM)Abn Air Cav Wrote: I did not try the demo, but I'm currently downloading the recently released full game. Party

I'm using the Firefox browser to download the file, I have not had issues with Windows saving a file that I've downloaded with Firefox. Not knowing what software you are using to download, I can only suggest the old advice of "reboot your Windows computer" and see if that helps. :chin:

Thanks. When I get home I'll try to download the new game too since I already own PCK Big Grin I use firefox as well...I hope I don't run into any problems.

Cheers