• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
West Front - DDay - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Campaign Series (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: West Front - DDay (/showthread.php?tid=76491)

Pages: 1 2

West Front - DDay - Jason Petho - 06-06-2024

Campaign Series West Front: After going through the latest updates on what I've been working on, we decided to do a homage to the old games. I went to the BLITZ WARGAME CLUB (www.theblitz.club) and downloaded a D-DAY scenario to play since we're almost at that time of year. We are just getting started with the landing and holy, it's a mess already. But we will prevail! Ah, a classic game, I think it's been 10 years since I've played West Front, I rarely have time to play, so it's a treat!

RE: West Front - DDay - Jason Petho - 06-10-2024

We went over the latest and greatest goodies that I've been working on and showing off the latest Cold War Silhouettes. Then I asked if the viewers wanted to see Vietnam or Omaha Beach, which D-Day won the vote and we continued on with the adventure on the beaches of France. We are making slow and steady progress, but the losses. The horror, the horror.

RE: West Front - DDay - Jason Petho - 06-17-2024

Happy Fathers Day! We went the manual changes and another new item that will be included in the CSVN 1.31 and CSME 2.31 UPDATES and then dived back into to Omaha Beach. The rocket bombardments from the Germans are the worst and definitely where I am taking the most casualties. On the bright side, we're making excellent, but bloody, progress in three sections of the beach. We have even crested the ridge line in a couple spots! Exciting times for the Americans!

RE: West Front - DDay - Jason Petho - 06-20-2024

We went over what's included in the pending CSVN 1.31 and CSME 2.31 UPDATES that should be available in the coming days/week and then we charged back into the mess at Omaha. I'm quite enjoying this classic, I hope you are as well! Let me know if you'd like to see more of these types of videos after I finish this scenario. The American's are off the beach and over the cliffs (in some spots) and have started to consolidate and push a little inland. Lots of senseless violence all over the place!

RE: West Front - DDay - Jason Petho - 06-24-2024

A brief update for the coming UPDATES for both Middle East and Vietnam, stay tuned for those this coming week! After that we dove back into the Omaha scenario to see what kind of senseless violence we could accomplish today. We also went over a brief comparison to what happened on June 6th and how my advance is. It is surprisingly similar, with the exception of one beach. We have a lot of the heavy support weapons on the beach now and preparing to advance deeper inland.

RE: West Front - DDay - Jason Petho - 06-27-2024

Campaign Series West Front: After a brief run down on the coming updates for Middle East and Vietnam we dived back into Omaha. I felt like was making some excellent progress until I triggered some victory objectives and noticed the bane of my future. Panthers. Not many so far, but where there is one, there will be more. I've started to push inland and have secured the beaches well enough to unload most of the toys. Now we are ready for the hardcore push into France!

RE: West Front - DDay - Von Luck - 06-30-2024

(06-27-2024, 03:16 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: Campaign Series West Front:  After a brief run down on the coming updates for Middle East and Vietnam we dived back into Omaha. I felt like was making some excellent progress until I triggered some victory objectives and noticed the bane of my future. Panthers. Not many so far, but where there is one, there will be more. I've started to push inland and have secured the beaches well enough to unload most of the toys.  Now we are ready for the hardcore push into France!

RE: West Front - DDay - Von Luck - 06-30-2024

(06-30-2024, 07:37 AM)Von Luck Wrote:
(06-27-2024, 03:16 PM)Jason Petho Wrote: Campaign Series West Front:  After a brief run down on the coming updates for Middle East and Vietnam we dived back into Omaha. I felt like was making some excellent progress until I triggered some victory objectives and noticed the bane of my future. Panthers. Not many so far, but where there is one, there will be more. I've started to push inland and have secured the beaches well enough to unload most of the toys.  Now we are ready for the hardcore push into France!

Nice to see your having fun Jason make a change from designing scenarios have fun cheers cheers cheers

RE: West Front - DDay - Jason Petho - 07-01-2024

Yes, it is a lot of fun!

Reminds me why I love these games so much!

RE: West Front - DDay - Von Luck - 07-01-2024

(07-01-2024, 02:20 AM)Jason Petho Wrote: Yes, it is a lot of fun!

Reminds me why I love these games so much!

LOL Likewise need to get into the Vietnam one been installed for months but so many new units capabilities etc will get there before the old brain cells die gunships and carpet bombing etc etc Big Grin