• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBO Cross Club Tourney -- Pics
10-24-2006, 02:06 PM,
CMBO Cross Club Tourney -- Pics
I thought I'd post some pics of the final view of the battle for my contest, which was a vicious and bloody fight for a Draw (DerBlitzer vs. Alek). I played the Americans, and only managed to capture the far flag on the ridge on the second to last turn. A nail-biter, and good fun. The middle flag on the ridge is littered with bodies. Here are pics of the three areas:

We really leveled the town. The German squads in the lower right tried a mad dash on the last turn to grab a piece of the flag on the road, but got caught in the cross fire.

[Image: my.php?image=towncmbodk8.jpg]

There was vicious fighting on the ridge. If there was blood in the game, the center area would be all red. My Sherman reinforcements allowed me to make the push that let me take the ridge---a risky charge, but I managed to knock out his last tank and AT gun, and didn't encounter any Schrecks.

[Image: my.php?image=ridgecmbowr0.jpg]

I held this valley for a while, but when a massive German assault began, I fled and gave up the position here for the most part, taking my tanks from that area and bringing them all the way back up to the ridge. I think there's a slight flaw in the map here; the cross roads doesn't let you cross with vehicles because of a thin strip of woods. This really confused me for a couple turns, because I kept telling my tanks to cross the road, and they kept turning around. Then I finally figured it out. Lucky for me, I didn't cross, because I would have met that German assault with just one tank.

[Image: my.php?image=valleycmboqi3.jpg]

Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2006, 02:09 PM,
RE: CMBO Cross Club Tourney -- Pics
Hmmm, not quite sure why the pics aren't showing up.
Quote this message in a reply