• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Firewalls
02-12-2007, 09:37 AM,
Off Topic  Firewalls
Right now I just use Windows firewall. Is this good enough or should I be looking around to find something better?
Im running Norton antivirus, Spy Sweeper and Windows firewall. Im thinking im lacking in the firewall department:conf:
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2007, 09:54 AM,
RE: Firewalls
I use Kerio's firewall, it's free and it's enough for me... It's running ok with avast!

Turbala

"War is not nice."
- Barbara Bush -
02-12-2007, 11:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2007, 11:23 AM by McIvan.)
02-12-2007, 03:13 PM,
I use Norton Internet Security 2005, and have set it to allow CM to connect to the internet for IP games.

The other thing to consider is do you use a wireless router ?, if you do this can cause problems.

As I`m an old fart, I just plug my USB ADSL modem into one of my USB ports and NEVER have any problems.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
02-13-2007, 03:46 AM,
I just use the Windows firewall and it is perfectly adequate. I found zonealarm and Nortons to cause problems for me. I used it before getting a router, which also acts as a firewall.
02-13-2007, 05:19 AM,
I am just using the Windows firewall, as well, with a router. I figure that is two levels of protection, which should be adequate.

I used Norton Internet Security for a while, but found it to slow things down, and I am pretty sure that it was, at least partially, the cause of some random crashes I was experiencing. I replaced Norton IS with the Windows firewall and AVG's free virus software, and things run quite a bit better now.