• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anyone for CMAK Scen Tiger Valley.
03-08-2007, 04:05 AM,
Anyone for CMAK Scen Tiger Valley.
Tiger Valley.

Would like to find an op for this one to play blind for both sides.

Work pressures have eased and should be able to consistently manage 1 turn a day at minimum. Want to get more games in as a consequence.

Description:

The Allies had cancelled operation 'SATIN', the drive to the coast that would cut in half the Axis forces in Tunisia. They believed the conditions were too damp for any major offensive action.
Thus, with this reasoning and the belief that the rocky terrain that pervaded through the Eastern Dorsal, neither Arnim or Rommel would be able to attack with their Panzer Armies...
The Allies however, were still to maintain an aggressive front to keep the Germans off balance.

On the 18th of January the French Troops guarding the Ousseltia Valley reported Panzer's across their whole frontline. Outnumbered, poorly equiped and thinly spread they quickly fell back through the rocky terrain as their frontline collapsed under fire. Despite their bravery, one journalist likened the French troops to "goats, set out to lure a Tiger".

British troops sent to investigate engaged German Armour at range, only to find their comrades in tanks around them engulfed in flame when hit by enemy shellfire... So they withdrew.

On the radio one word, "Tiger", was repeated again and again...

Review:

The author's reputation for attention to detail and historical accuracy is justification enough for the rating, but in case some have not had the experience of playing a Richie scenario this should be the one to try.

The large, but well laid out map affords both sides a multitude of options for both attack routes and defensive flanking moves.

It also provides plenty of variety in terrain types, so the battle may evolve into several different skirmishes and mini-battles, all in different terrain. You could easily witness in the same turn house to house fighting in an arab village, a firefight raging in a palm grove or dried out wadi, and tanks and guns dueling it out across the length of the map.

The scenario was used in the finals of the Rumblings of War V tournament, and although it came in bigger and longer than the established tournament parameters for scenario size it was still considered the most popular by the players.

It is also very balanced based on the scores submitted, with the average of 50.5 for the Axis side, 49.5 for the allies.

This scenario is extremly challenging and enjoyable to play. It is highly recommended to play it against another player to get the most out of it.

Score:9.85.

Any takers?

Scen can be got from the proving grounds or I can send set up. You can choose side.
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2007, 04:17 AM,
RE: Anyone for CMAK Scen Tiger Valley.
herroberst ([email protected]) will play you but I have played this once before as Allies. Lots of different ways for this one to go.
03-08-2007, 04:42 AM,
I have never played it - but it is weird to me that the scenario claims to be extremely balanced, yet it got some very unbalanced reviews here.
03-08-2007, 05:33 AM,
Colonel Talvela Wrote:I have never played it - but it is weird to me that the scenario claims to be extremely balanced, yet it got some very unbalanced reviews here.

I dont think the scenario claims to be balanced, the reviews of it on the Scen Dep 2 mostly say it is. That is where I ripped the review from.

Do you want to play this Col? I would prefer to play it blind for both players.

03-08-2007, 02:21 PM,
i cant start another game for about a month
03-08-2007, 08:04 PM,
RE:��Anyone for CMAK Scen Tiger Valley.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]