• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Huge maps problem.
08-02-2007, 01:54 AM,
Huge maps problem.
Is anyone else having FPS trouble on the huge maps? I can play without any trouble on the small to large sized maps but as soon as i try a huge map my PC takes a massive performance hit and it becomes totally unplayable. :mad:

And yes i have tried turning all the settings to minimum but that made no difference what so ever. It's even more annoying as i can play all the other sized maps at near max detail with no problems.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2007, 07:08 AM,
RE: Huge maps problem.
It sounds like you're running out of memory and the PC is turning to hard disk "virtual" memory swap files....which is indeed a massive performance hit. Doubling the map size is obviously four times the processor and memory load. What's your pc specs?
08-02-2007, 07:38 AM,
My specs are

Pentium IV 3 Ghz
1.5 Gig Ram
Geforce 6600 512Mb

I wonder if it's worth springing the cash for a little more memory. :conf:

cheers
08-02-2007, 07:41 AM,

Geez....thats a perfectly good setup memory-wise I would have thought. I think my memory theory went out the window.
08-02-2007, 07:56 AM,
I had SLOW down probs with the larger maps myself and I"m running a Dual core (even tried the shutting one down trick) 2.13mgz with 2 gig ram and a 256 meg 7900GS card.

I also had some frame rate issues in a night scenario mainly with mouse controls being all fecked up and jumping about or moving extra slow while some action was ongoing.

08-02-2007, 08:00 AM,
I have no map issues but I have noticed the sound slows down and the tracer rounds slow also during high action turns.

Also has anyone noticed that they have used phrases for the Americans from AK like "I can't do this" and "keep noise discipline here" .. lol
I am proud to be British but I thank god that I am Welsh
08-02-2007, 08:01 AM,
I know my PC only just meets the required specs, it's not a super games machine, but it's strange how any other map runs fine regardless of the detail settings but switch to a huge map and it's freeze up solid time. Eek

I would have thought as i went up in map size i'd start noticing a performance drop with each size i go up but all seems fine. :conf:

Oh well. :whis:

cheers
08-02-2007, 08:03 AM,
(FGM)Phil Davies Wrote:I have no map issues but I have noticed the sound slows down and the tracer rounds slow also during high action turns.

Also has anyone noticed that they have used phrases for the Americans from AK like "I can't do this" and "keep noise discipline here" .. lol

LOL....thank god someone else noticed that, thought i was hearing things. Big Grin

The sound effects, compared to some of the community sound mods for CMBB/CMAK, are very weak and sparse.

cheers
08-02-2007, 08:39 AM,
I guess there's a limit to what a given processor can handle, and you found it :)

Tracking every single bullet has to chew up a lot of juice.