• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Importing troops to a QB map.
05-02-2008, 10:26 AM,
Importing troops to a QB map.
In my DAR and in the SITH tourney, we've pursued our love for playing with rare, unique and often just too expensive units with our love for quickbattles. It's actually quite easy to do. After building or finding a map that you like, you can use the map editor to load troops into the QB map for both sides.

Rule of thumb for quick battles is that you want to make sure that the units you pick for one side are balanced off by units picked on the other side, and often points are not a good reference tool. In many instances you are better guided by intution, and better yet, advice and agreement from a competitor.

This allows one to bring the magic of quick battles and kit picking closer to that of a pre made scenario in terms of getting to play with equipment you normally would not use.

If you have any questions regarding how to do this, please let me know.

Cheers!

Leto
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2008, 02:43 PM,
RE: Importing troops to a QB map.
This is a great idea, and does let you play with nuits that one would never choose on your own. I have been doing this often as of late, and have just finished a 7500 point QB in which 5000 points were pre-selected to be as even and as diverse as possible. It in no way diminishes the enjoyment of the games, but makes them better for reasons stated above. You don't know what you are missing till you try it.
Quote this message in a reply