• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blitz Ladders
05-18-2008, 10:53 PM,
Blitz Ladders
The top of the ladder is in a class of it's own, and of course those guys have earn't there position, well done lads for that.

But if you look a bit lower to the 4,000 to 8,000 points group there is a lot of healthy competition going on there, changing positions all the time, just as you think that you are climbing the ladder and making head way you drop down a notch, witch makes you try even harder, all good fun, thought perhaps you guys could be interested in the heat in that area......So keep playing lads

cheers Ted

Age is Wisdom
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2008, 11:03 PM,
RE: Blitz Ladders
yes indeed, WE are the ones that keep CM alive...just a shame that the builders have abandoned this one...this is the best thing around!

How about the playtesters and maybe the designers..are they been compensated for their work?
How about the points given for playtests and other duties?

For me with all the designing it's impossible to get somewhere on the ladder....

I'm not a ladder guy at all so this is not a personal question!
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-18-2008, 11:32 PM,
Koen;

Scenarios tested through H2H should result in a good amount of points going to each player in the play test (50pts I think?, check with your Ladder Commander or H2H Coordinator). This compensates the testers for their time commitment in a no risk situation; both players score the points no matter how unbalanced the scenario may be and they can't be reported on the ladder.

As for the designers, well truly there is no way to ever compensate them on the ladder in a way that would be meaningful and fairly represent the amount of work they put into their design efforts. The Ladder Commanders would have to give you 1000 points for a design and even that wouldn't really equal the effort. So, you should receive a token amount, just to say thank you, but we also realize that designers do what they do out of a love for it. As opposed to the play testers, who generally like playing and get points because they are taking away time from doing what they want to do, to help the designers.

It may not be perfect , but that's the Blitz philosophy on the subject anyway. There are many ways to be members of a community, and although the majority of points are awarded for playing there is nothing that says you can not help climb a ladder by being a top notch play tester....or writing a lot of articles for the community, which also earns you points.

Anyway...if there's ways to help and encourage designers and play testers that you think would help, please suggest them to your Ladder Commanders, of through the H2H Coordinator and we'll gladly consider them.
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM,
nice response m8

ofcourse we don't design for points or a title or such....

People should realise that designing a scenario takes lots of time and effort...
The maps I create are NOT build in a couple of hours....the units I choose are well chosen to fit in the idea I have...the playtesting...the search for playtesters...and many more details...

Yes...I do like it...I even LOVE it....so points or no points...titles or not...I do it for myself...because I love the game...BUT....I do appreciate the comments...

As said recently by a playtester...in my own words...

Quote:Koen, my father fought over there and you really got the tension in this one...I really felt involved...This one played as my dad told me in his stories...

Well, when I read this I'm pleased....no titles needed :cheeky:
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-19-2008, 12:19 AM,
Koen: cheers

You "get it" and I salute your work and your efforts.
05-19-2008, 12:24 AM,
Regarding points for the games we all play...Of course we like playing theses games, and points are essential, this makes the challenge more exciting......And like Steel God says there are points to be won through the H2H, and in my opinion very generous they are, which I believe it should encourage players to get involved with play testing.

cheers Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
05-19-2008, 03:06 AM,
Just a little side note on something I've felt that has been "lost in translation" regarding points and the Blitz ladders.

Our ladders are not solely for the purpose of gaming and I think that's what many members have failed to recognize when they view these ladders.

TheBlitz is and always has been all about participation, not just playing games and scoring points. The wargaming community is a small niche of the hobby business, and IMO the Real value of this hobby is the participation factor.

Don't get me wrong, Having a winning record, being a ladder leader, having winning streaks, being the top ELO points earner, all come with a prestige and respect factor. By no means do I wish anyone to interpret that as degrading to their efforts, when I say the ladder points are not limited to just playing and winning. It's just that these are not the only methods to earn points here at TheBlitz., although it is widely believed to be so.

I do wish to point out that writing AAR/DARs, writing articles of interest for the newsletter, adding scenarios to the DB, mentoring new players, designing game aids for club members to use, creating scenarios, playtesting, and even answering quiz questions correctly, are ALL methods to earn points on our ladders.

The people who play the games and give something back to their fellow gamers in some sort of shape or form have earned respect and prestige, but in a different way.

Let's not forget them and their efforts in giving, sharing, and participating.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard