• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Snipers
08-14-2008, 02:48 PM,
Snipers
I'm still trying to figure something out to have snipers as the main focus in a small battle. I almost have a scenario ready to test. Still working on it. Just as a small change of pace from tank/infantry battles.

I have some maps to post later of what I have so far.

But I post this end-game shot of my sniper after a recent, normal QB. A great kill score. Eliminated, but that means perhaps only wounded, to fight another day.

Attached Files
.jpg   sniper3.JPG (Size: 85.88 KB / Downloads: 43)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2008, 12:14 PM,
RE: Snipers
Hi Craig,

That bugger caused me a lot of trouble.
It only took me a whole platoon of Soviets to track that rascal down and stomp him...!

Salute,
Ken
08-16-2008, 08:56 AM,
RE: Snipers
SNIPER BATTLE (?)

Okay, will post what I have, and maybe this can be food for thought for regular designers....

This is a battle primarily to have snipers scoring kills to count in some fashion towards the game victory. Impassable river to keep the two forces away from each other, but 5 flags each side, to get units within sniper range.

The river was added down the center where a road had been, so I added rubble to denote where a bridge had stood. Travel across such a river would have to be by ferry while the bridge is out, so I added 2 buildings (boat houses) and placed an assault boat on each bank (which could actually be used in the game).

8 snipers each side, since just one or two or so might be easily picked off, and the game could be over too early. Besides the snipers right now, there are (for each side) 2 infantry platoons, 2 20mm afv's, and 4 jeeps/kubelwagens.

The general idea in the game would be to advance and secure your flags, and maneuver your snipers forward to rack up some kills, all within the 20 game turns. Tanks and infantry could also fire at each other, and if a side secures it's boat house, something could be shuttled across to the other bank on the boat.

So...that's it at the moment. Not sure yet whether this would be any fun to play or not!...maybe after some more tweaking...:conf:

Attached Files
.jpg   sniper-test1.JPG (Size: 75.06 KB / Downloads: 11)
.jpg   sniper-test3.JPG (Size: 53.51 KB / Downloads: 14)
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."