• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CMBB Graphics 'Jerky'
09-08-2010, 02:13 AM,
CMBB Graphics 'Jerky'
The video graphics recently became jerky (not smooth, fluid), and scrolling around the map or selecting orders also have a slight time delay before they happen. I tired dumping and reloading the game and 3 patches, and it's still the same.

CMBO operates just fine.

Any ideas what might cause this with CMBB? (It is on an XP computer.)

I also wonder what the differences are when the game is first played after loading, when you have to select the video settings with Mhz, etc. I know it is a trial and error exercise. Once selected, that file can be deleted to try another setting...but that would be a LONG process. I simply ''accepted'' the very first option that appeared. I think that's the same way I always did it in the past. But what are the major differences between all the different options available?

Thanks in advance!
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2010, 04:51 AM,
RE: CMBB Graphics 'Jerky'
The jerkyness must be some graphic issue I would dare to guess. Have you changed anything as far as setup goes with reguards to windows? Just a thought.
The main changes with the PREF. file selection would be the screen resolution. The lower the resolution, the less that you will be able to see without panning around.
09-08-2010, 06:24 AM,
RE: CMBB Graphics 'Jerky'
You may have too many craters on your map. The computer has to keep track of each crater location and if there are too many I've seen it get jerky like that.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift