• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

play by e-mail
06-08-2024, 11:46 PM,
play by e-mail
Its been so long since I've played another human I forgot how to send turn(playing by e-mail) can someone show me please.

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2024, 02:04 AM,
a_Arrow  RE: play by e-mail
Not sure what game series you have in mind so I can't provide pinpoint instructions.

Basically, with the type of game I normally play, you need to locate the exact folder of the game you are playing and look inside that folder for the location of saved games folder.

After locating the exact location you would either create a new email or reply to your opponents email and select "attach" and then locate your saved game file and attach it to your email and send it.

If you plan on playing more than one opponent and/or scenario at the same time, it greatly helps to name your pbem file in a way that you can easily determine your proper opponent.

That way you are not sending the wrong game file to the wrong opponent.

It is also helpful to include the exact scenario name/number in your initial email.

That way if you have a PBEM game that last several weeks, you can remember exactly which scenario you played, when reporting it to the Blitz data base.

As a side note, over the years, I have known several people, including myself who enable the PBEM encryption setting, in our PBEM games and if the games you play have that option, I highly suggest you use it, too.

By doing this, the only way you can open your PBEM turn, is to enter the proper code.

This prevents you or your opponent from accidentally sending the wrong game file and accidentally opening your opponents turn, or your opponent from accidentally opening your turn file and being able to see the exact locations and strengths of all your units.

Once this occurs, it ruins a PBEM game and you don't want that to happen especially in a game that you have invested a ton of time and effort into.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Good Luck
Quote this message in a reply