• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Marengo: Castiglione Operation
07-07-2024, 02:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2024, 02:04 PM by Jean Lannes.)
Opponent Wanted  Marengo: Castiglione Operation
Looking for an opponent to play the Castiglione operation in Campaign Marengo! I've played a few head to head battle in the Napoleonic series and I would say for skill level I'm very alright. Not bad, not great, just okay.

For anyone reading who has not played this campaign (preferable as I have not either) from what I've gathered it is a maximum two battle campaign. The first battle around 40 turns to decide who has an advantage in the main battle. Meanwhile the second "battle" actually represents an around 4 day campaign with 110 or so turns on a rather large map which I would assume gives both sides plenty of time to maneuver and encourages caution and the ability for multiple possible battles in different parts of the map depending.

I would prefer someone who can do at least a turn or two a day as I prefer to get through these games somewhat faster, and will most likely match your the speed at which you can get turns out. Although of course sometimes things happen and missing some days is obviously fine.

We can discuss rules in PMs

Thanks in advance to anyone interested!
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2024, 11:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2024, 05:22 AM by Art Ozols.)
RE: Marengo: Castiglione Operation
(07-07-2024, 02:04 PM)Jean Lannes Wrote: Looking for an opponent to play the Castiglione operation in Campaign Marengo! I've played a few head to head battle in the Napoleonic series and I would say for skill level I'm very alright. Not bad, not great, just okay.

For anyone reading who has not played this campaign (preferable as I have not either) from what I've gathered it is a maximum two battle campaign. The first battle around 40 turns to decide who has an advantage in the main battle. Meanwhile the second "battle" actually represents an around 4 day campaign with 110 or so turns on a rather large map which I would assume gives both sides plenty of time to maneuver and encourages caution and the ability for multiple possible battles in different parts of the map depending.

I would prefer someone who can do at least a turn or two a day as I prefer to get through these games somewhat faster, and will most likely match your the speed at which you can get turns out. Although of course sometimes things happen and missing some days is obviously fine.

We can discuss rules in PMs

Thanks in advance to anyone interested!
Sent you a PM
07-21-2024, 04:33 PM,
RE: Marengo: Castiglione Operation
Have you found an opponent for this yet?