• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzCampaign - question on air power usage
07-09-2024, 08:49 AM,
PzCampaign - question on air power usage
Does air support rollover if I don't use a specific bomber or fighter in a given turn? I was wondering if I could hoard air support for a few turns in preparation for a big assault. Or is it a situation more akin to: 'if you don't use it, you lose it' for each turn? 
I'm thinking particularly of France '40 though wondering if it is different for other PzC games too?
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2024, 10:09 AM,
RE: PzCampaign - question on air power usage
(07-09-2024, 08:49 AM)Bostonian Wrote: Does air support rollover if I don't use a specific bomber or fighter in a given turn? I was wondering if I could hoard air support for a few turns in preparation for a big assault. Or is it a situation more akin to: 'if you don't use it, you lose it' for each turn? 
I'm thinking particularly of France '40 though wondering if it is different for other PzC games too?

The short answer is, YES, you can hoard your Air Assets and they will remain available.  The Air Availability Number is the PDT file comes into play AFTER a unit has conducted a mission.  It will be unavailable until it passes a die roll against that Air Availability number, once it is available again it remains available until used.

With one exception - if you choose the Optional Rule Low Visibility Air Effects, then when the weather turns bad and visibility drops below perfect, each "available" air unit must pass a die roll against the Low Vis Availability number to be available again.  Most people use that rule I believe.
07-09-2024, 06:32 PM,
(07-09-2024, 10:09 AM)Steel God Wrote:
(07-09-2024, 08:49 AM)Bostonian Wrote: Does air support rollover if I don't use a specific bomber or fighter in a given turn? I was wondering if I could hoard air support for a few turns in preparation for a big assault. Or is it a situation more akin to: 'if you don't use it, you lose it' for each turn? 

The short answer is, YES, you can hoard your Air Assets and they will remain available.  The Air Availability Number is the PDT file comes into play AFTER a unit has conducted a mission.  It will be unavailable until it passes a die roll against that Air Availability number, once it is available again it remains available until used.

With one exception - if you choose the Optional Rule Low Visibility Air Effects, then when the weather turns bad and visibility drops below perfect, each "available" air unit must pass a die roll against the Low Vis Availability number to be available again.  Most people use that rule I believe.
07-09-2024, 06:33 PM,
Thank you, Steel God. That makes sense, especially since most play with 'low visibility.'