• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Company of Heroes
10-02-2006, 08:34 AM,
Company of Heroes
My missus was out shopping today and brought me back this game, she though that since I play CM I would like this one.

Yeauch, I hate RTS in the main. However if you have played Warhammer 40000 you will know that it takes a very diffrent slant on RTS and this is made by the same guys. It even includes a free copy of Warhammer if you havent got it.

Its not CM by a long way but the graphics are great and the gameplay is smooth and intuative. It definately wont have the longevity of CM but has been very enjoyable so far. You can use small unit tactics with flanking and Mortar teams and armour support.

If you could only weld these graphics onto CM and keep the CM basics then you would have a great experience.

This is maybe a pointer to what CMSF can be. Although be warned it is graphics intensive and I think CMSF will be too, a lot of guys will have to either upgrade their PC's for the next iteration of CM, or in the least get a top notch graphics card.

As always, try before you buy;

http://www.companyofheroesgame.com/
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2006, 09:28 PM,
RE: Company of Heroes
i downloaded the demo...wow 1.75gig download...its a great fun game..but i hate all the base building shit...why dont they just have reinforcements coming on the map.....you could still have the fuel ammo and resource points but it looks crap when engineers build a barracks in two minutes before your eyes....that idea is far too abstract..just bring em on the map edge marching in....still a great game tho
10-02-2006, 11:57 PM,
>SIGH< --- all I wish for is CM to have that level of raphics and it'd be a big jump forward.
Downloaded and watched the game-shot-movie file... laughed at the pumped-up-with-steroids-GI's.... some designer obviously got his figure references from Marvel Comics... LOL. (just like the CM designers based their figures on Playmobil :-)
Also the ludicrous point-blank range engagements, both infantry and tanks .... and if I saw that right, there was an infantryman taking cover behind a piano parked in the middle of the street...LMAO.

I guess the investment in that high level of graphic details will never be possible in a niche game like CM Cry
10-03-2006, 03:47 AM,
I bought this game , apart from the graphics which are very very good, the game play and base building is just a load of B*******s.
If any body has played Frontline commander, this game is a re made version of that. And Front line Commander was a very poor game.

Another game falling short of CM
10-03-2006, 09:47 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Company of Heroes
Thanks guys! :)
Now I know not to touch it with a barge pole.

Only recent game I bought which I liked was the ACW one called 'Take command'. They got the AI almost spot on and quite a few times I have had my butt kicked by the AI Cry
Not fantastic graphics but the game play is top notch cheers
10-05-2006, 07:32 AM,
The most funny thing in that game is the tank duel - like airplanes duel you have to get opponent tail and shot at rear armour ;-) after 7 shots I finnaly got PzIV and my burning sherman (received 5 shots ;-) and engine was burning) was repaired in one minute by my wonderful engineers
Beautiful, stupid game ;-)
Send this user an email