• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Map
10-21-2006, 08:54 PM,
Map
I've got COTA and the maps are excellent. COTA can also read HTTR maps. I've done a little test and have imported a few height values into CMAK. I'll write the full program next week to read a COTA map and extract the height data. There will probably be problems but the height data can be imported without any modifications apart from scaling. This will create a file approx 7.5 MB in size for a 35 by 30 approx map.

As CM is tile based and COTA/HTTR are not, extracting a lot of the other data is pointless. Tree, building, bridges, airfields and other objects are ok to extract for CM but the roads and rivers ect are not (CM is limited in how you can create a map). You could extract a percentage in order to help place the tiles in CM. I'll need help in placing these features.

I'll be using Map Converter to import the maps into CM. You cannot import a 35 by 30 map but you can cut a 2x2, 4x4 etc and import into CM.

You could use one of these maps in a campaign without the need to use a qb map. As for CMC, I'm not sure if you can use custom maps in CMC.

As other players are creating COTA maps for other areas this could prove useful for CM.

COTA is an excellent wargame. If any of you play it I'm up for a campaign or battle.

Quote this message in a reply