• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Any good sound mods about?
12-09-2006, 07:49 PM,
Any good sound mods about?
Just been having a look for sound mods for either CMBB or CMAK. I know there are some old sound mods for CMBO but i dont tend to play that much now, prefer the ETO mod. Came across a couple of small mods but when i played the files side by side they didn't really sound much different. I know other games have community mods for realistic sounds and would have thought this game was perfect for such a thing.

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2006, 11:15 PM,
RE: Any good sound mods about?
I've tried the available sound mods on the net and I never seem to get any of them to work - the game just keeps playing the same sounds - the files need to be converted or something.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-10-2006, 08:56 PM,
Hey Fubar.....theres a really good CMBB one at cmmods.com called 'Beefy sounds'. Its got a lot of sounds on it (surprise, surprise!) that replace the sometimes feeble BB tank guns, explosions, machine guns etc. Really really wellworth downloading. Theres also a smaller 'Beefy tank MGs' which is cool too.

As for AK, theres lots of stuff to choose from at cmmods (excellent site by the way). Its just that theres no one big file like Beefy sounds, just a whole lot of different files that you'll have to pick and choose from.

- falco.
12-10-2006, 11:22 PM,
falc Wrote:Hey Fubar.....theres a really good CMBB one at cmmods.com called 'Beefy sounds'. Its got a lot of sounds on it (surprise, surprise!) that replace the sometimes feeble BB tank guns, explosions, machine guns etc. Really really wellworth downloading. Theres also a smaller 'Beefy tank MGs' which is cool too.

As for AK, theres lots of stuff to choose from at cmmods (excellent site by the way). Its just that theres no one big file like Beefy sounds, just a whole lot of different files that you'll have to pick and choose from.

- falco.

Thanks for that, i probably missed the small files because i tend to look for large conversion mods, a habit from looking on sites for other games i play like DoW and ST:EAW. I'll give them a look ASAP. :)

cheers
12-13-2006, 12:10 AM,
I found a couple of great sound mods on the cmmods.com site if anyone else is looking for some new sounds, they really do improve the game ten fold.

For CMBB there is the FatherOfNone sound mod which has some sounds that are in MP3 format so they will need to be converted to wave format, but thats no real problem, only took about 5 minutes for the prog i used to convert the whole lot.

And for CMAK there is the SonOfTheFather sound mod which already has the sounds in wave format.

Both have new weapons, explosions, penetration and even casualty noise's and they can be installed using the ever handy McMMM mod install programme....easy.

Big thanks to falco for pointing me in the right direction. cheers

You can find them in the 'All/Other' section of the CMMODS database or look for the designer Oddball_E8.

[Image: soundmodssz0.th.jpg]

Happy hunting.