• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anyone for CMBB Scen : Stalingrad Station 1-i
03-08-2007, 03:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2007, 04:03 AM by Fullhouse.)
Anyone for CMBB Scen : Stalingrad Station 1-i
Stalingrad Station 1-i

Would like to find an op for this one to play blind for both sides.

Work pressures have eased and should be able to consistently manage 1 turn a day at minimum. Want to get more games in as a consequence.

Description:

For the German Command, the ongoing assault into the city seemed irreversible, only confirming the fact the Soviets had few reserves and must be at breaking point. Block after block had fallen despite bitter resistance at seemingly endless strongpoints, each one to be overcome, one after the other, while the casualties mount and the troops approach exhaustion, they inch toward the Volga.

For the Soviet Commanders on the Stalingrad Front the situation in the city was becoming dire. Those on the ground in the ruins wondered how long they could possibly hold out through the continuous air raids and shelling. Every time there was a break in the bombardment the Wehrmacht would assault again with their tanks and infantry.

Meanwhile some Germans began to wonder if they'd ever see home again...

Today the Stukas scream overhead once more and the battle in the vast Stalingrad Central Station gears up for it's next act. Men on both sides reload and re-arm during a brief lull in the fighting. Both sides taking the chance to catch their breath as reinforcements trickle in.

If the Station were to fall entirely into German hands they would have clear field of fire over the Central Ferry Landings a few hundred meters away. For the Soviets, this could prove disasterous...

The Stalingrad Station 1-i would change hands 15 times in 5 days...

Review:

A great urban scenario with loads of action all over the map. Well-placed flags, start-up locations, and reinforcement entry points make for lots of choices for both players. I found the scenario very well balanced. Map is well done too, and makes use of several expert "tricks" to add atmosphere.
Score 9.95.

Any takers?

Scen can be got from the proving grounds or I can send set up. You can choose side.

Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2007, 04:18 AM,
RE: Anyone for CMBB Scen : Stalingrad Station 1-i
herroberst will play you ([email protected]). I have never played this scenario.
03-08-2007, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2007, 05:29 AM by Fullhouse.)
RE: Anyone for CMBB Scen : Stalingrad Station 1-i
Roger, slot filled.

What side do you want?