• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Training Scenarios
08-31-2007, 07:31 AM,
Training Scenarios
Why doesnt this otherwise excellent club have some posted training scenarios available to newcomers ( or veterans who just thought they knew better and never learned the basics)?

Things like how to kill a Tiger with infantry? I can't remember how many games I just gave up on as a newcomer when my opponent had Tigers. Or just simple things like fire and maneuver to get a company into the enemy's position and overrun him? Or even how to use POS's iron fist technique to win every time at Tigers & Fireflys? I've only been able to find a sinlge site with anything like that http://www.blowtorchscenarios.com/index.html

Seems like that would make a great addition to the Blitz site.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2007, 07:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2007, 07:35 AM by Mad Russian.)
RE: Training Scenarios
Jobu88 Wrote:Why doesnt this otherwise excellent club have some posted training scenarios available to newcomers ( or veterans who just thought they knew better and never learned the basics)?

Things like how to kill a Tiger with infantry? I can't remember how many games I just gave up on as a newcomer when my opponent had Tigers. Or just simple things like fire and maneuver to get a company into the enemy's position and overrun him? Or even how to use POS's iron fist technique to win every time at Tigers & Fireflys? I've only been able to find a sinlge site with anything like that http://www.blowtorchscenarios.com/index.html

Seems like that would make a great addition to the Blitz site.

We and others do.

Try this on for size:

Scenarios for Beginners

Hope this helps.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-31-2007, 05:38 PM,
I had the same idea some time ago to create a list of new scenarios.

Russian heavy tanks ambushed by German Infantry

Killing Tigers with Shermans in a ratio of f.e. 1 to 3

etc etc

but ...again...people were more interested in giving negative comments then in working together and constructing something.

I've got some experience in both desiging and playing so I'm always in for some teamwork.
It would not take much time to create training scenarios:
*small maps
*limited forces
*easy objectives

K:whis:
visit WaT HERE!!!
08-31-2007, 08:56 PM,
Good stuff....there's also JasonC's Russian training scenarios, although I've lost the link to them....anyone have it?
08-31-2007, 09:42 PM,
McIvan Wrote:Good stuff....there's also JasonC's Russian training scenarios, although I've lost the link to them....anyone have it?

Would these be the ones. ;)

http://www.blowtorchscenarios.com/Jason%...tails.html

cheers
09-01-2007, 06:47 AM,
Thanks Fubar, that's them :)