• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PC upgrade specs question.
09-25-2007, 09:47 PM,
RE: PC upgrade specs question.
that is odd as I'm using a 7900GS with the 163 (sept17release) forceware drivers from nvidia and I'm not having that happen.. Is it limited to the 8X series?
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2007, 11:18 PM,
Hmm i hope not all 8 series cards do it because none of the local PC shops sell graphics cards older than 8 series anymore, if i want a 7 series i'll need to order it from on line. :(

You should have seen their faces when i told them i run a 6 series at the moment. :rolleyes:

cheers
09-26-2007, 05:34 AM,
Yes all 8000 cards are the same, they dont like CM. If you look on the battle front tech suport forum you will see the problems that I and others are having. So dont buy a 8000 card if you want to play CM.

CMSF works well shame its a crap game !! lol
09-26-2007, 06:49 AM,
Bidermann (FGM) Wrote:Yes all 8000 cards are the same, they dont like CM. If you look on the battle front tech suport forum you will see the problems that I and others are having. So dont buy a 8000 card if you want to play CM.

Wow that's a lot of problems, nearly all of them have Vista as well but one says that he still has the problem in XP. :(

Have you tried the AA fix that some of them reckon get's BB and AK running?

What about CMBO, none of them have any troubles with that game.

cheers
09-26-2007, 07:30 AM,
A 7800 GTX is a pretty quick card, probably not far off an 8600.
09-26-2007, 07:54 AM,
McIvan Wrote:A 7800 GTX is a pretty quick card, probably not far off an 8600.

Yeah i'll have to have a chin wag with the guy in the shop, see what he's got in stock. But if new GC's are no longer going to support older games like CM then we're all going to have to stock up on old parts now otherwise no ones gonna be able to play CM in a few years.....at least not CMx1 anyways. :(

cheers
09-26-2007, 07:56 AM,
yeah Im already looking forward to CMx3... NOT??!!
09-26-2007, 04:20 PM,
Fubar Wrote:
Bidermann (FGM) Wrote:Yes all 8000 cards are the same, they dont like CM. If you look on the battle front tech suport forum you will see the problems that I and others are having. So dont buy a 8000 card if you want to play CM.

Wow that's a lot of problems, nearly all of them have Vista as well but one says that he still has the problem in XP. :(

Have you tried the AA fix that some of them reckon get's BB and AK running?

What about CMBO, none of them have any troubles with that game.

cheers
Down loaded the windows hot fix, had no effect on the game.
I have tried a bit to get into the control panal of nividia and alter the graphic setting for CM with no luck.Not tried CMBO I suppose it will work but wanted to play CMBB more than the other two.
09-28-2007, 12:55 AM,
Bider is right,

I have bought the 7900 card which is better.
The 8000 series has lots of troubles, its made for near future systems and next generation motherboards.
Most older games have problems including CM :(
Besides quality improvement over the 7900 is minimal.
The price however is about 100 euros higher.

I would suggest the 7900.
09-28-2007, 05:43 AM,
It sounds to me keeping an older system on hand might be a good idea. Othewise some of the older games will never be played again.