• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The German Way of War -- book review
02-17-2008, 12:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 12:20 AM by Jobu88.)
The German Way of War -- book review
This article is part historical essay, part book review. Sorry about the screwball format, I couldn't get it out of Adobe and into Word without keeping the magazine format, so the paragraph alignment is all over the place. Contact me if you would like to receive the original Adobe file, which also has several graphics inserted.

Of note: I make no endorsement of the author or the magazine that it's from. I simply post it for your reading pleasure.

Attached Files
.doc   German Way of War.doc (Size: 115 KB / Downloads: 44)
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2008, 02:09 AM,
RE: The German Way of War -- book review
If its by Citino I've got his book of the same name and the follow up "Death of the Wehrmacht" which is the better of the two. i like his analysis of operations but if I had to criticise i'd say that he assumes just because he bothered to read through the entire back issues of the german general Staff magazine he has some sort of insight into the mindset of the german officer class.
Bit like gaining insight into the motivation of Microsofts management by reading their internal magazine....
02-17-2008, 03:05 AM,
RE: The German Way of War -- book review
send it to me at koen.combatmission[at]gmail.com

K:bow:
visit WaT HERE!!!