• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Important Announcements regarding the Ardennes Campaign
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-24-2008, 01:52 PM by Lord Bane.)
Important Announcements regarding the Ardennes Campaign
At long last I am happy to report that I have finished the official rules for the Ardennes Campaign. Although they are referred to as rules, they are more instructions on how the game operates. I wanted to keep them as simple as possible while still trying to maintain realism. What I ended up with was longer than I intended but is, IMO, a comprehensive and detailed finished product that should answer most questions and explain the game engine thoroughly. It was a huge job putting it together and I am glad to be done with it. Hopefully it turned out as good as I think it did.
It is important to me players not become frustrated by the rules. It is not a requirement that players fully understand all the rules of the AC right away and a lot of the mechanics will be transparent to them anyways. The first three turns of the AC will be a "Learn as we go" process (See section 1.2 in the rules).
I have set up a discussion thread at the FGM for any players who have questions or comments about these rules. I think that these rules could probably be adapted slightly to run other tournaments featuring different battles but using this format. Perhaps Normandy, Cobra, Market Garden, or the Hurtgen Forrest could be possible. Anyway, I look forward to your comments and questions.
Discussion Area
I am attaching the rules which are in a word doc. I can email anyone who is interested the complete AC charts. (The rules refer to the charts from time to time). The charts are in a tabbed excel worksheet. If your interested in them send me an email to lordbane1 at gmail dot com
The rules are version 1.0 and will be updated as necessary before the start of the AC on 3MAY.
There are still a few slots left for those who are interested in playing. But only serious players need apply.
Finally, the initial weather for Turn1 has been determined by the assistant umpire (Warhammer11A). The weather will be overcast.
Lord Bane

Attached Files
.doc   The ARDENNES CAMPAIGN Rules v1_0.doc (Size: 515 KB / Downloads: 27)
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2008, 03:24 PM,
RE: Important Announcements regarding the Ardennes Campaign
Thank you for what you have done bane!
Quote this message in a reply