• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Don't you think it's a waste...
05-11-2008, 07:16 AM,
Don't you think it's a waste...
a waste of time, effort and work?

Some of my scenarios at the H2H section are threatened to be deleted.
That would mean that the previous tests and results would be wasted and that my ego would be cracked :chin:

Those scenarios represent hundreds of hours of my precious free-time.

So go into the H2H and help me with these scenarios!

Quote:Guns of NavaroneCMBO-Koen
CrossroadsCMAK-Koen
StreetfightingCMBB-Koen
Tanks!Tanks!Tanks!CMAK-Koen
The VillCMAK-Koen

thanks in advance...

your humble designer

Koen:bow:
visit WaT HERE!!!
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2008, 07:49 AM,
RE: Don't you think it's a waste...
Ive playtested all of them.
05-11-2008, 08:25 AM,
I know where you going on this, and you are right Koen, I my self, think there could, hopefully be a wake up call for more play tester to actually take part, so with that in mind, could there not be a stay of execution on these H2H scenarios...worth a thought.

cheers Ted
05-11-2008, 07:12 PM,
Bootie Wrote:Ive playtested all of them.

yes you did and I appreciate it 100% :bow:
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-11-2008, 07:16 PM,
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:I know where you going on this, and you are right Koen, I my self, think there could, hopefully be a wake up call for more play tester to actually take part, so with that in mind, could there not be a stay of execution on these H2H scenarios...worth a thought.

cheers Ted

People should realise that playtesting is important!

Not only to make that single scenario better but comments and constructive critics make the designer a better designer delivering better battles.

Maybe the playtesters should be recognizable or such....

a little bow I give to them :bow:

K
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-11-2008, 10:53 PM,
I consider H2H to be important to the over all health of the gaming community, especially with games that are at or nearing the end of their product support life with their original providers. Even when in production the scenarios that are stock are often not the greatest for PBEM, so supporting designers who are looking to provide scenarios balanced for H2H play is, in my mind, the holy grail of PBEM.

In that light I have encourage Foul to be as generous as possible in rewarding bonus ladder points for play testing scenarios. Players should not have to fear about a win or a loss in a play test. Both players should be compensated for playing it as if they had both won the scenario.

You do more than just help out a designer when you play test, you do more than even just rack up some no worry ladder points, you give back to your hobby, which is an investment in it's continued existence.

Regards.
05-11-2008, 11:51 PM,
Steel God Wrote:I consider H2H to be important to the over all health of the gaming community, especially with games that are at or nearing the end of their product support life with their original providers. Even when in production the scenarios that are stock are often not the greatest for PBEM, so supporting designers who are looking to provide scenarios balanced for H2H play is, in my mind, the holy grail of PBEM.

In that light I have encourage Foul to be as generous as possible in rewarding bonus ladder points for play testing scenarios. Players should not have to fear about a win or a loss in a play test. Both players should be compensated for playing it as if they had both won the scenario.

You do more than just help out a designer when you play test, you do more than even just rack up some no worry ladder points, you give back to your hobby, which is an investment in it's continued existence.

Regards.

HERE HERE