• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dnepr Rivercrossing Op playtest
08-28-2008, 05:57 AM,
RE: Dnepr Rivercrossing Op playtest
Hi Owl,

Thanks for the response. I meant "play as they lay," i.e. do not reposition units, unless they are reinforcements, between battles. I definitely understand that the Germans can not stick with default setup at start as they look like they are standing in parade right now. :)

Jim~Guderian
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2008, 06:30 AM,
OK got it.
Personally I think you can move all the units in the 2nd and 3rd battle. IMO you sneak to better positions during the dark moments, or when surrounded, you try to exfiltrate to a new position and on the moment the enemy attacks (after a heavy arty prep) you are gone and safe in a new fighting position waiting in a new ambush etc.

Did you play the scenario?

greets Owl
08-28-2008, 06:50 AM,
I have not played the op yet. Bootie and I will do so when I complete my German setup. Planning wise, it's nice to know whether any battles are at night. Also, each battle is short, which is why I was wondering whether you designed the op with the intention of units being able to move around between battles. It sounds like your answer to that question is yes. I am playing an op with another opponent where the designer specifically mentions that the players should use the play as they lay rules so I thought I'd ask. Being able to move forces around between battles, i.e. move them during setup between battles, provides far more flexibility than what may have happened in "reality." I don't feel strongly one way or the other about the rule. I just wanted to know which rule this op was designed under.
08-28-2008, 08:00 AM,
McEvilly and I just started the second battle, we discussed it and went with freedom a good decision IMHO, you can pull units back between battles easy enough but to get them forward you have to work at it.