• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Wasp Carrier
04-01-2009, 07:35 AM,
Wasp Carrier
I have played many many scenario's and never had any of these, I have in my armour division a Wasp Carrier this is the first time I have seen one of these lovely bit's of kit, it's fast with a flame range of 75 metres.

Another piece of armour I really like is the Stuart, that is also fast and if you can broad side some of the other bigger tanks you can get away with it.

So apart from all the big guns as any one else got a pet piece of equipment?
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2009, 08:28 PM,
RE: Wasp Carrier
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:I have played many many scenario's and never had any of these, I have in my armour division a Wasp Carrier this is the first time I have seen one of these lovely bit's of kit, it's fast with a flame range of 75 metres.

Must agree, I love the wasp and have taken out many a big cat with them where my armour's shots just bounced off.

I also love the German 20mm flak, very cheap, good anti light armour capability, and with distinct chances, (or so it seems), of getting gun damage on larger targets.
04-04-2009, 12:46 AM,
If you are doing a buy your own QB, the late war Brit battalions come with six of them. They can be overwhelming when used in packs of two or three. I hold them in reserve and then rush them into a close action fray when the enemy is at the breaking point. Whoosh... and they all just melt away. (pun intended) One tip. You must button them up before sending them into combat. Otherwise, enemy small arms fire will cause them to button and they won't shoot but begin to back away. If they are buttoned before encountering the enemy, then they can't be pinned by small arms fire and will start hosing them down.
04-04-2009, 04:39 AM,
I have always liked seeing what kind of damage I can do with the little Russian 45mm guns. I am not very good with armor, but these small AT guns can be interesting when you have a number of them and you hold fire for a chance at a side or even better getting a chance at the rear armor of some tanks.
04-04-2009, 10:18 AM,
I have long-loved the Wasp, since CMBO!!! Fast and lethal, but fragile, too!...

I guess, personally, I always like to add a top sniper or two (sharpshooters). They are not game-changers, but it's fun to see them take out targets at range, while causing a little minor disruption, and seeing if you can keep them alive to the end!

:kill:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."