• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Off topic - what are people playing?
08-04-2006, 01:44 AM,
RE: Off topic - what are people playing?
When no CM turns are resting in my mailbox (have 8 games going) I've been dabbling in Medieval: Total War and Take Command: Second Manassas.

While not RT fan, I'm finding both these games facinating.
mTk :cool2:
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2006, 03:06 AM,
RE:��Off topic - what are people playing?
08-04-2006, 03:07 AM,
RE:��Off topic - what are people playing?
08-04-2006, 03:50 AM,
i was playing close combat III the other night with me brother..wow what an old excellant game...plus recently ive been playing X the threat..get lost in space..lol...and a great horror.FPS..Call of Cthullhu...
oh yeah and a great music programme called Reason version 3..its brilliant..you make your own tunes and stuff...
08-05-2006, 08:32 AM,
Besides CM I play CS and OPC here.
Recently I got addicted to Red Orchestra, in terms of realism much better than Call of Duty, although the learning curve is a lot steeper too.
It is interesting that many on the forums there see CM as the example on how to make the in game Armor simulation a better one than it is now.
http://www.redorchestragame.com/

The game has a week free full game trial this week.

08-06-2006, 04:49 AM,
My company has been working me like a Mule as of late so have just been trying to keep up with my CM Pbems lately. I did get up to Lancaster Pa. 2weeks ago and got a good fix of table top games at Historicon. My partner and I ran two ww2micro armor games and I played in a great skirmish game with 28mm figs it was a Blackhawk Down game. Nice terrain you could almost smell the raw sewage.
It was brutal I did not lose anyone but did have some wounded and dehydrated squadies by the end of the game. The RPGs sucked.
-Scotty/ROLLIE(FGM)
Praise God and Pass the Ammunition!
08-06-2006, 05:31 AM,
These days, whilst waiting for CM turns, I've been playing Medieval Total War and Silent Hunter III. I'm also involved in my first ever PBEM game of War in the Pacific, which is more for my brother-in-law's benefit, as I don't really dig it. A bit too micromanaging for me.

But he's a good guy, and I feel sorry for him.
08-06-2006, 11:50 AM,
Lately, in addition to CM, I have been playing SILENT HUNTER 3- Which is a very detailed WWII U-Boat sim, and highly recommended for its accuracy, deatiled modeling and replay value- In fact, I havent even made it to the stock scenarios yet as I've been playing the "Career Mode" for so long.