• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

adding scenario
10-06-2006, 09:33 PM,
adding scenario
Just finished a PBEM scenario that I couldn't find in the database. Tried to add it but can't, I havn't got a players password apparently.
Help appreciated.:conf:
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2006, 03:14 AM,
RE: adding scenario
You do have a password as you have posted results :
https://www.theblitz.club/ladders/show_m...layer=5333

What scenario are you trying to add in Spike ?.

If you need help drop me a line m8.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
10-07-2006, 05:42 AM,
Same here spike, adding scenarios is very easy, I'm willing to help you any time, PM if necessary.
10-07-2006, 07:37 AM,

Hi! Below is a post from Bootie that should help!

[b]Adding a Scenario[/b]
Author: Bootie(FGM) (---.range86-141.btcentralplus.com)
Date: 11-22-05 06:53

Hell no... dont do that.

What you need to do is open the scenario in your CM editor and take a note of the date, designer, sides (American/British or whatever versus Finland/Germany/Italy etc., number of turns and then you go into the Unit Editor and find how much points has been spent on the forces in the scenario in total.

Ok... now you come out of CM and log onto the Blitz.

Click on Scenarios in the G4 Supply section.

Then click on Add Scenario Info to DB from the right menu.
Hi! Below is a Post from Bootie that should help in getting a scenario in the data base! Have a good one!

Select the ladder and the game.

Fill in the relevant info in the page that opens up.

**Do not add a + on the scenario turns box... if its 45+ just input 45.

Work out the size modifier by taking the total cost of units you got when checking within the game. Cross reference this in the 'Calculate SM' section.

Add this number.

Choose Custom and ensure you do NOT press Modify existing Scenario.

Bootie

If this is too much for you to take in send me the scenario file and I will input it for you.
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
10-07-2006, 09:22 AM,
The scenario I was trying to add was Road Patrol from the scenario depot.(the link below may work or may not)
http://www.the-scenario-depot.com/scenar...datarq=101
I thought I had done it but my password wasn't recognized, mind you I was very , very drunk as per normal. You're going to tell me now that it's already in the database.
Cheers
Mike
10-07-2006, 11:04 PM,
RE: adding scenario.Password Problem!!
Hi!:)

If the password is the problem, trying entering it first in all "CAPITAL" letters, and if that doesn't work, try it in all "small" letters!

As far as I know, to get to your member page, the PW must be in CAPS, but to report a game, the PW must be in small letters! It is a peculiarity of the Blitz Message Board for some reason!!

Hope this helps!
See ya!:cool:
Ivan/Shep!The "HOG Ranger and Balkan Warrior" Still Riding the "Winds of Change" on the Dubrovnik Front!
10-07-2006, 11:05 PM,
Hi!:)

If the password is the problem, trying entering it first in all "CAPITAL" letters, and if that doesn't work, try it in all "small" letters!

As far as I know, to get to your member page, the PW must be in CAPS, but to report a game, the PW must be in small letters! It is a peculiarity of the Blitz Message Board for some reason!!

Hope this helps!
10-08-2006, 02:50 AM,
Balkan Warrior Wrote:Hi!:)

Hope this helps!
Actually no :)
Most of you might not be aware of this but in fact there are 2 passwords:the site password(the one you use to report games or to add scenarios) and the MB password-which is used to login to the forum.
When we switched to Mybb i wrote a little script that automatically created accounts for the mb based on the already existing players accounts.That's why you were able to login to the mb-with your usual username/password without having to create a new forum account first.It's true,you must enter it in uppercase(if you hadn't changed it-via your UserCP since now),but basically it's the same password.
And another thing:if you go to your "Member page",and choose "Change password" what you really change is just your site password,thus having in the end different site/mb passwords.However,if you update your password using your forum UserCP you will modify BOTH passwords.
So,John,in order to "recover" your site password-which one way or another become different from your mb pass.-you can go to your "Member page"(accesible from the top links-second column) and click on "Send forgotten password " or simply go to your UserCP and change your password-which as i said will update both site/forum password.
Send this user an email
10-08-2006, 06:03 AM,