• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TOURNEYMEISTER RANT!!
10-23-2006, 10:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2006, 10:24 AM by zmoney.)
RE: TOURNEYMEISTER RANT!!
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2006, 03:03 PM,
Thanks for the good replies --

Gangofmao -- I remember you wanting to join one of the BBB's -- there wasa slot, I e-mailed you twice at that time...no reply, moved on to next guy.

To Mixmaster: Good news that games are finally going -- but let me say this... if you didn't hear from Geordie for such a long time, why not get on his case? Too many players sit back and wait for weeks to hear from opponents -- I understand if life's busy and of course real life is more important than a silly game... but I have two responses to that:

1. If there is a problem with time and stuff -- LET SOMEBODY KNOW!! What would that take -- 5 minutes to pop off a quick e-mail? Too busy for that??...oh, please!

2. If life's busy and everything else takes priority over the tourneys, then maybe one shouldn't be in one... nobody's holding a gun to your head to play in the tourney!

Every time I start up one of these, I ask for dedicated players.

The real point here is RESPECT and COMMUNICATION! Think about it.

Somebody in recent debates called CM just a game -- sure it is, but the Blitz and the Clans are living, virtual COMMUNITIES.. actually a bit like sports clubs.
If you don't show up for soccer practice, don't show up for the games, don't have the decency to let anybody know why ... you gonna be kicked off the team in a flash!

10-24-2006, 09:50 AM,
10-25-2006, 01:41 AM,
10-25-2006, 02:30 AM,
Well After waiting 2 months for a a file to be sent to me, and the fact that the last few rounds I have had to chase for files to be returned.

I get sick of chasing files. So yes it is a pain when people drop out but am total F****D off with the wait for files.

10-25-2006, 02:56 AM,
LOL... Bid Im still awaiting a reply from my file I sent on the 10th September... I'll resend as you mustn't have got it.

Bootie
10-25-2006, 05:34 AM,
I think it's less an issue of necessarily turn rates, as much as dedication.

What pisses me off and creates bad blood is not someone going away for two weeks on a work assignment or vacation.... it's going away and NOT BOTHERING TO TELL ANYONE! ... just disappearing of the face of the planet leaving everybody else hanging.

I again use the analogy of a sports team -- imagine your a player on a basketball team/soccer team...whatever. You decide to go away on holiday for several weeks and don't bother to call your coach/team mates... you just disappear... don't show up for practice or matches. Now imagine the reaction of your team.... same with these tourneys.

Enough said.
10-25-2006, 11:28 AM,
Everybody chill. Things are moving along fine now. Like Geordie, I could have whipped out an email reminder as well, ( I'm online for work or play almost daily). Time does get to flying by. I have PBEM's of SPWaW, SPH2H and CMBB going at all times, so sometimes the impetus for me to get that next one underway slips my mind when I have 3 turns in the inbox when I get on.
The battles on, so let's have some fun.
10-25-2006, 11:59 AM,
Rico,
If you are looking for a dedicated player, I am your man. You let me know if you need someone to sub for a no show. If I am out of the loop for a day I try to let someone know about it. A week or month, no way. I would love to get in on one of these tournaments.

Lord Bane
10-25-2006, 05:00 PM,
1st of all, THANK YOU for all the hard work you put in to put these tournaments on, it's a thankless job. I think that as long as you can get a turn out on a regular basis, great. My work is 4 days on, 4 days off and I work outa town so those days I can maybe get 1 turn in, but on my off days I can get in 2-3 turns in a day. I try to average 1 turn a day. We gotta remember that some of us have work, kids, pooopy diapers(the kids!!), inlaws, outlaws, friends and other real life demands on us, it's just short of a small miricle that the tournaments move along as well as they do. Then you throw in a few time zone differences and ...