• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The new CM
10-31-2006, 09:05 PM,
The new CM
Some new screenshots have been made available over at Battlefront. Will you guys be rushing out to buy it upon release. I dont think I will although Theatre of War will definitley be on my shopping list.

Bootie
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2006, 09:44 PM,
RE: The new CM
Try the Demo

Game good will buy, game bad no sale

Much Combat Mission to be played

----------------------------------------------------------

Many discussions at other boards

Shock Force the Next generation

Will we still be waiting, next Autumn

--------------------------------------------------------------------
(Above post brought to you by Haiku Geordie)
11-01-2006, 12:48 AM,
I am not completely sold on the TOW yet. There have been enough red flags on this one to take a wait-and-see approach. Play the demo as Geordie says and then wait until all the intial hype has died down to see if the game has any staying power. I am a little sceptical by nature and would hate to shell out any money for a game that sits on my shelf after just a couple of hours of game play. If you wait and see, and the game is a gem, then what have you lost by not buying it in the intial few weeks/months of its release?
11-01-2006, 01:52 AM,
I tend to agree, though I will wait for the demo. It seems that issues have surrounded TOW for quite a while. The fact that the development process has spanned the same period of time it took George Lucas to release Episodes II and III is far from encouraging.

If you want some entertainment to hold you over, buy Company of Heroes. I have not played it online, but the single player campaign is quite fun. I am still playing CM as well, which is a great sign for the longevity.

Schacht
11-01-2006, 02:08 AM,
Herr Schacht Wrote:If you want some entertainment to hold you over, buy Company of Heroes. I have not played it online, but the single player campaign is quite fun. I am still playing CM as well, which is a great sign for the longevity.

Schacht

Me too, a very addictive little game that and graphically excellent. Word of caution though, also try this before you buy and have a high spec(ish) PC.