• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ideas taken...lol
10-31-2006, 09:32 AM,
Ideas taken...lol
...Playing a Partisan/Hungarian Battle...
I as Partisan went hevy Inf. so...my question...
How do i stop his Tanks...lol
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2006, 09:06 PM,
RE: Ideas taken...lol
Pray... LOL
10-31-2006, 11:18 PM,
Get a pitchfork and return to farming until the tanks leave...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-02-2006, 08:55 AM,
cheers
LOL...
that's what i thought...Damn the bad luck...

GoM
11-02-2006, 12:13 PM,
OK..here's my take.

First, lets hope you have plenty of cover terrain...woods, buildings, rough. If you don't then you really are in trouble.

Anyways, if he has armour, you must have an advantage in infantry. You have to get your troops into close assault range of his tanks...generally within 40 metres. You don't go to him....except using sneak orders in terrain to move unseen.....you let him come to you; get within range of your hidden troops and then hopefully you will KO a tank.

To stop his tanks spotting you, you need to kill his infantry. You are going to have to have nerves of steel. Basically, shoot with things his tanks don't have LOS to, if possible. If they do have LOS, wait until his infantry is point blank then open fire....so at least even if his tanks kill your squad, you have achieved a 1:1 exchange. Also, keep some quads hidden so that even though he now considers the area clear, it isn't. Hopefully you will now get an even juicier target. The more infantry you kill off, the worse his tanks spot your lurkers. Keep some lurkers at all the objectives for late game defence against tank rushes.

The "sneak" move is your friend. Good luck!
11-02-2006, 02:08 PM,
All well and good above from the Great One...

...only thing to add is split squads so that one takes all the molotov cocktails, while the other has at least 1 and only grenades... that way, the assault squad will throw the MC's and be useless, and the other half will throw grenades, and hopefully be a bit more effective.

I've used this technique before with russian infantry and it seems to work much better... MC's really do suck.

Leto
11-02-2006, 02:26 PM,
Excellent point.....molotov cocktails are utterly, utterly useless and probably wouldn't suceed in boiling an egg, let alone an armoured vehicle. Split squads gives, counter-intuitively, the useless stuff to the assault team and the real AT ability to the fire team.

Tank hunter teams will at least throw all their molotovs pretty quick and get down to the actually useful grenades.
11-03-2006, 01:16 AM,
Split squads also give the impression (especially if you're using Extreme Fog of War) that you've got more men than you really have. But a split squad on the attack doesn't last too long, as they break much easier when encountering stiff resistance. Best to use split squads in more defensive positions, hiding. Put some distance between them to increase the chances of crossfire on the enemy. And you can always re-join them into full squads later if they survive.
11-03-2006, 08:37 AM,
cheers
...but you see...i only have Partisans...lol
lot's of Trenches/Wire/AP and a few AT mines/and plenty Partisans...
what i'm doing now is hunker down and wait...
no sign of his Inf. as of yet...
of his 6 Hungarian Tanks i see...1 hit mines :)
this should turn into a real "grinder"soon...
and by the way,thanks for all the feedback on this...:)

GoM