• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gridlines
05-08-2007, 05:22 AM,
c_Question Mark  Gridlines
I remember reading in a post somewhere by POS that he was able to turn on gridlines in CM (not sure which one). I have since searched the manuals and games of CMAK and CMBB without finding grids. Is it a mod? Can anyone help? TIA
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2007, 05:43 AM,
RE: Gridlines
Grids can't be toggled on or off, but who'd want to turn them off anyway? If there's one MUST-HAVE mod, its grids.. ;)
You need several to cover grass, snow, steppe, sand, arid etc..
The following procedure worked fine a few months ago, they may have updated it or added to the list since then but have a go -

Go to CMMODS,
click "Cmbb mods" > "Search Cmbb" > Type in "gridded" (not grid) in the "word" box (leave others blank), and you'll get a list of 14 grid mods.
I use several including these -
High-res Gridded Grass/ Steppe/ Deep snow/ Light Snow, all by Captain Wacky,
and Gridded Woods and Fields by SRG.

For CMAK, do "Cmak mods" > "Search Cmak > type in "grid" (not gridded) and 14 should come up.
I use Cmak grass and steppe grid by Caffino, and New Africa Grid by Limey.
I also use a Cmak gridded woods but I forget where I got it from..

There are more than one grid title of course, its a matter of trial and error to find which you like best, I like the ones with very faint lines best..

05-08-2007, 05:43 AM,
Yes it is a mod... go to www.cmmods.com and search for gridded terrain. You need to download it and extract it into your .bmp folder.
05-08-2007, 05:44 AM,
The grid lines are not a native feature of CM. They are available as modded terrain tiles. I think there are several varieties available on the cmmods website.

Others might be able to direct you straight to the files.
05-08-2007, 05:45 AM,
Damn, I typed too slow and two people beat me to the draw. ;)
05-08-2007, 06:28 AM,
Thanks to all
05-08-2007, 08:14 AM,
If you like ones with very obvious lines, do a search on CMMODS for Rocketman....he made some that seem to be very popular, although they're not my personal cup of tea.
05-08-2007, 08:54 AM,
I agree I think Rocketmans are a bit too 'in yer face'... I prefer more subdued ones.