• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponents of Jobu88
05-10-2007, 10:40 PM,
Opponents of Jobu88

To Soldier, Morglum, Emmet, DannyBoy, and Matt ---

Last night my computer went down hard and looks to be non-recoverable. I'm going to be out of action for several days, possibly a little over a week, while I shop for and order a new computer. I'll get back to you when I'm up and running again.

--Chris
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2007, 04:16 AM,
RE: Opponents of Jobu88
Thanks for the heads up, will be waiting patiently upon the steppe for your return with your new toy.
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month. - Theodore Roosevelt
05-17-2007, 06:17 AM,
New Dell arrived today & should be back up by tonight. I already hate Windows Vista...
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
05-17-2007, 06:29 AM,
It took me 2 weeks of constant complaining to Dell, but they sent me XP for free to replace Vista on my new PC.. go give them hell..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-17-2007, 09:05 AM,
05-17-2007, 09:14 AM,
Works fine for me :)
05-17-2007, 12:17 PM,

Randy I took your advice and told Dell either they provide me with XP or I'm returning the computer. Wonder how far that will fly....

Next option-- buy an old copy of XP off of e-bay and re-install.
05-17-2007, 01:02 PM,
hang tough with dell
explain you have programs not working or loading properly and drivers are not correct for your products you're losing money while you waste time on a crappy OS and you'd really like to have XP, offer to return vista CD in exchange and talk to refunds and returns people not techies or cust service. and ALWAYS ask for a supervisor right away...

tell the returns guy you've have enough of vista it's costing you money you want XP but no one will get it for you etc.. you're looking for another dealer to sell you a new PC with XP and will be returning theirs as soon as you find one.. unless they want to furnish you with XP etc.. call them every day :)

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-27-2007, 12:20 AM,

XP software inbound to my location, ETA Thursday. I should be back to full combat mission capable by next weekend.