• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Patch 1.02
08-08-2007, 03:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2007, 03:09 PM by jomni.)
Patch 1.02
From the Battlefront forums and as published in The Wargamer:

Quote:The list of "for sure" improvements includes:

* New customizable hotkeys with more "direct keys" (these show up in green in the command buttons). Note that it's OK to leave a hotkey blank.
* F5-F8 keys jump directly to command panels
* New Option for ATI left-click compatibility (only appears for ATI users). The new ATI cards require this. It (hopefully!) stops the crashes, but some 3D mouse clicks are less precise.
* New Option allows user to choose whether CMSF runs at normal priority (better for mouse input for some people) or high priority (can improve frame rate)
* Vehicles have much-improved automatic defensive behavior AI.
* After using a "high level" menu button in the command panel, the display flips back to command buttons.
* Fixed a bug that caused smoke sometimes not to block LOS when it should
* Infantry will often seek better nearby cover on their own if under heavy fire
* You may issue commands when paused in Elite mode
* Vehicles don't change facing defensively if they have a cover-arc command

There will be a few more fixes and tweaks included, although these have yet to be revealed.

Sounds promising. Hope it works out well. Aside from stability and performance fixes... They took my F-key suggestion and will be fixing vehicle and infantry defensive behavior. Nothing said about pathfinding and QB quirks.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2007, 07:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-08-2007, 07:52 PM by Fubar.)
RE: Patch 1.02
I've just started another PBEM QB and after watching the first turns movie it looks like we shared the same deployment zone and my men are refusing to move......again. :mad:

Scenarios are the only thing for me that's playable, QB's are a total farce. Cry

Maybe patch 1.03 will fix these things but how far down the line is that one?

cheers
08-09-2007, 01:46 AM,
RE: Patch 1.02
I think that for CMBO there were 12 patches :)
Send this user an email