• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I kind of like it - Looking for opponents
09-18-2007, 03:45 AM,
I kind of like it - Looking for opponents
I had held off purchasing CMSF after reading the threads of negative reviews... and I figured patches would be forthcoming. I finally bought CMSF via download and installed the 1.03 patch... and I think it is a good game albeit I have not played a human yet. I suspect it will get better and better with additional patches but I could not pick out any particularly onerous glitches during my weekend exploration of several scenarios... units moved the way they were supposed to and did what I told them to do... sometimes a unit would go off order but I figured that was because of a probable waypoint issue I created by asking it to do something it could not do.

The graphics are great. I must say I do not like seeing my blue forces cut down... as a 30 year U.S. Army veteran even seeing the ACU-clade pixels pains me... silly I know and maybe that is just because of the pain I feel over U.S. casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Anyway, I am open to CMSF via pbem or TCP/IP to any other blitzers that are looking for an opponent to explore the game with a human.
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2007, 05:34 AM,
RE: I kind of like it - Looking for opponents
I think in some ways BF have picked the wrong period for CMSF ,with all the death and destruction going on, the game is a bit to close to home.

Its hard to play a game about war when the war is still going on. perhaps when we start going into Iran BF will produce the next mod to go with it :-(.

We live in sad days
09-19-2007, 01:24 AM,
I'm looking to play one of the two tactical vignette scenarios that came with the game. I'd like to see how much improvement 1.03 brings. Email me a setup at [email protected]
09-19-2007, 02:02 AM,
Okay, have it to you tonight.
09-19-2007, 06:00 AM,
Hi, bought Shock Force a few weeks ago and would like to play it against a human opponent.

You can send me a setup [email protected]
09-20-2007, 02:54 AM,
Bidermann (FGM) Wrote:I think in some ways BF have picked the wrong period for CMSF ,with all the death and destruction going on, the game is a bit to close to home.

Its hard to play a game about war when the war is still going on. perhaps when we start going into Iran BF will produce the next mod to go with it :-(.

We live in sad days

If that happens BF will have to add some French units into the game:cool:
09-20-2007, 06:49 AM,
I'd love to see the French stuff....would make a nice change from M1s and Challengers. But I understand the first expansion is the Marines and more Syrian stuff.