• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FGM Link
11-05-2007, 10:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2007, 10:04 PM by Mad Russian.)
FGM Link
While we're discussing linking things together..shouldn't there be a link button somewhere on the FGM/Blitz sites that will take you right to them. Something like TPG/TSDII does on their sites. That is a form of free advertising in itself and would also allow for quick access to both sites

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2007, 10:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2007, 10:15 PM by RedDevil.)
RE: FGM Link
There have been quick links to other sites posted here for quite some time.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=42528
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-05-2007, 10:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2007, 11:07 PM by Mad Russian.)
Ok, but FGM is an affiliate of Blitz.

You would think that there would be a place for an FGM link button, somewhere on this page in the borders, for those wanting to just click over there.

Quick and easy.

Someplace more obvious than your having to direct traffic to a quick links listing. If I have to go to all that trouble I can go to my own Yahoo frequently used list. Same amount of time and I know where all my most frequented sites are on my list.

That doesn't get you the advertising that a link button like that used at TPG/TSDII does. Maybe you do a Links button that is prominent too. To promote the hobby. Or maybe you don't.

It was just a suggestion.

Would it be hard to add a couple selection buttons in the margins? Or is that something that wouldn't be worth the effort involved?

Good Hunting.

MR
11-06-2007, 12:03 AM,
Well I didn't think I had to direct traffic to the links thread, since it is a sticky that remains on the top of the forums and it is labeled appropriately. At worst case, most people usually bookmark their favorite places in their browsers anyways.

We're not looking to clutter up our areas with advertising links to other sites outside of the members posting them within their posts. We provide a links section for other sites and some sub sections offer links as well, for that purpose. The sticky thread I made is an example of this type of linking.
Another example of this linking is present here on the side bar of this page, that I custom made.
https://www.theblitz.club/cm_rule_sets/index.php

If there was some other way to display links specifically for each community here at TheBlitz, I'd look into that, but at this point I don't see how we can do it, short of giving the site a make over and with Raz drunk and loitering on the street corners, this could take some time Big Grin

BTW..
FGM is associated with TheBlitz not affiliated, we don't pay Shane's bills and nor does he pay ours :) FGM is simply a gaming clan for CM, and they use the Blitz as their ladder system and membership. We may share many other common things as well, but that's about the extent of our relations from a website POV.

The Blitz is more than just CM, we have numerous other communities notably HPS Sims, the Matrix games communities, and Shrapnel games, to name a few. We don't advertise for these companies, yet they provide free games for our tournament winners here at times and their support is awesome here. :bow:

The Blitz has always prided itself on being AD free and our operating funds come from the members themselves, rather than selling space to advertisers like other prominent sites do. If other sites were contributing to our operations then I'm sure they would earn a spot of recognition, sans an actual Advertisement.
Now that Jim is home again, he may decide to change this policy, but for the time being, unless otherwise directed, I'd say this works fine the way is has been for several years now :)

PS..
I got your email about the linking, I'll reply to that later today and we'll see what we can do with that idea.
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard