• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help Please
11-23-2007, 09:54 PM,
Help Please
I am having a lot of trouble sending my move to Risnervich, mail keeps coming back...I never get this problem as a rule, O/K some mail does get lost, not often but it does happen.

The thing I need help with is, I have seen from time to time that members put there return move on the message board does this work O/K....If so could some one please tell me how to put it on.

Remember this is a senior citizen here

and Age does work some times...LOL
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2007, 10:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-23-2007, 10:35 PM by Easymeat.)
RE: Help Please
hedgehog,

When creating or replying to a post you should see two buttons in the attachments section, Browse and Add Attachment. Click Browse and and a File Upload window should open. Pick the turn you want to send and click open. Then all you have to do is Click Add Attachment to upload the file (turn).

Later on you can remove the attachment.
11-24-2007, 12:01 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  RE: Help Please
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:I am having a lot of trouble sending my move to Risnervich, mail keeps coming back...I never get this problem as a rule, O/K some mail does get lost, not often but it does happen.

Do you get an error message or something that tells you something about why the email comes back? I have a couple of suggestions:

1) Is the email address that you are sending to still valid? For example, if someone closes their account then future emails to that account will be returned with a "mail delivery failure". You may be trying to send an email to an invalid account

2) Is the attachment too large to send via your email provider? For example do they operate a maximum file size that they will send out and your file is bigger than that? If so, you could either split it into smaller parts or ZIP it [file compression technology to reduce the file size]
11-24-2007, 12:24 AM,
RNL Tiger Wrote:
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:I am having a lot of trouble sending my move to Risnervich, mail keeps coming back...I never get this problem as a rule, O/K some mail does get lost, not often but it does happen.

Do you get an error message or something that tells you something about why the email comes back? I have a couple of suggestions:

1) Is the email address that you are sending to still valid? For example, if someone closes their account then future emails to that account will be returned with a "mail delivery failure". You may be trying to send an email to an invalid account

2) Is the attachment too large to send via your email provider? For example do they operate a maximum file size that they will send out and your file is bigger than that? If so, you could either split it into smaller parts or ZIP it [file compression technology to reduce the file size]

Yes I do get the mail delivery failure, Opponent did change address,
and I have tried the new plus is old address still the same response.

This operation scenario, we have been playing for months it's a biggy and it's been fine up to now....Thinking about it perhaps he as got the limit on his new address is that possible?

Thanks for your response RNL Tiger
11-24-2007, 12:29 AM,
Easymeat Wrote:hedgehog,

When creating or replying to a post you should see two buttons in the attachments section, Browse and Add Attachment. Click Browse and and a File Upload window should open. Pick the turn you want to send and click open. Then all you have to do is Click Add Attachment to upload the file (turn).

Later on you can remove the attachment.

Thanks for your input Will, I will give it a try, If I need to i'll come back to you cheers
11-24-2007, 03:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-24-2007, 03:21 AM by RNL Tiger.)
hedgehog(FGM) Wrote:Yes I do get the mail delivery failure, Opponent did change address, and I have tried the new plus is old address still the same response.

This operation scenario, we have been playing for months it's a biggy and it's been fine up to now....Thinking about it perhaps he as got the limit on his new address is that possible?

Thanks for your response RNL Tiger

It sounds like you have not got his new email address correct. Check very carefully all of the letters and dots, especially if the new address was sent to you in an email as opposed to from that address. If you have a message that was sent from his new email address i.e. you have replied and so know it is correct then it may be because of filesize limits. I would suggest trying to:
a) Send an email without an attachment i.e. does the address work
b) Send the email + attachment from a different account [hotmail, yahoo, gmail...] if you have a second account i.e. is it your provider blocking the filesize

If you have sent "large" emails to other people then it may be because there is a restriction at his end. Check if there are any clues as to why it has failed from the text of the delivery failure message. If it is at his end and this is a game file then you will need to zip it to reduce the filesize and attach the zipped file to the email, use a program like Winzip or use Windows to zip it.
11-24-2007, 07:25 PM,
I should like to thank those who got involved with this, at the moment all is back to normal....What I did was clicked on reply to my opponents e-mail, stuck the move, File, attachment, to it and he got it....I know that seems I had his address wrong but I never did.

cheers Ted[/color]
11-24-2007, 11:40 PM,
I just sent my last move to you. Hope it is all good now.