• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Experiences from a v1.04 game
12-28-2007, 08:20 PM,
Experiences from a v1.04 game
I regretfully signed up for a CMSF tourney before the release, and it apparently was started in Dec because I got an email from my opponent saying it was time to play. So we started the game right before 1.05 was released and decided to just finish with 1.04. I was syrians was his US troops

Anyway, I suppose I will share some things about the game.

What I liked:
1) I had a BMP-2 hiding on the side of a fairly steep hill and he rolled a couple of strykers forward looking for me. When the strykers came into view the bmp actually fired and hit the undercarriage of the strykers. I really liked this. I had always wanted to be able to hide some bazooka troops on the crest of a hill and blast the underneath of a heavy panzer. So this gives me hope that one day that might be possible.

2) hmmm..... I will have to come back to this section

What I didnt like:
1)Unbalanced forces are just not fun. Could be playable red v red
2)Syrian art was frustrating
3)Still some bad bugs.
4,5,6,7,8...)So many of the best things about CMx1 are just not there. Unit kill stats. Unit help menus. Any easy user-interface. Toggle smoke. toggle sound. Increase unit size. Quick Battles. An understandable & user-learnable firepower-terrain-cover model.

All in all - just not nearly as fun as CMx1 games from a tactical wargame perspective. If you want to drive around an blow things up, it would probably be fun.
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2007, 03:02 AM,
RE: Experiences from a v1.04 game
That was my experience with the demo. When you get down to it CMSF is nothing more than a RTS game with a attempt at being a serious military sim. The way I see it when they come out with a WWII version (if that happens) it will be more like Company of Heroes and TOW and we know how cerebral those games are.
Quote this message in a reply