• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Weird command issue
02-17-2008, 04:07 AM,
Weird command issue
Can somebody explain this?I have a platoon of T26's,yet,only 2 out of 4 seem to be in command(red line).
[Image: 1-1.jpg]
All 4 tanks have LOS to the commanding AFV!
As you can see the T26 47m away,is in range:
[Image: 3.jpg]
,the one located at 28m from the commanding vehicle isn't.
[Image: 2.jpg]
Am i missing the obvious here,or my tank commander-with a +2 command bonus,btw,just had an extra bucket of vodka at breakfast?:rolleyes:
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2008, 04:28 AM,
RE: Weird command issue
Does the two not in command had closed hatches at the end of the previous turn (and opened them themselfs in the turn)?
02-17-2008, 04:36 AM,
Actually,the pics are taken from the setup phase,so closed hatches or not,that shouldn't influence it in any way.
Send this user an email
02-17-2008, 05:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-17-2008, 06:31 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
In the setup phase, did you close some hatches and then open them again?
Don't play with hatches in the setup phase, it confuses the program..:)

PS- but when the game starts, things are back to normal..:)
02-17-2008, 06:00 AM,
Hm, can you remember how they were starting on the map (auto-placed)? When you have too much men on a smallish map some platoons get choped on both ends of the map. And as far as I know, radioless stuff gets back in comm only if both were unbuttoned at the start of the last trun, so at setup this can't be checked.
02-17-2008, 06:56 AM,
Looks like the hatches are to be blamed :) I just played a little with the editor and if you close a hatch while a tank is not in command,it will be out of command,even if the commanding vehicle will be placed nearby.
Mistery solved,i guess cheers
Send this user an email
02-18-2008, 07:22 AM,
In case you haven´t notice: Your tanks haven´t radio, so they have to communicate with signals and cry/calls. If the tank is closed no communication works. So they all go a level down in experience. Only the HQ keep right. Notice: Every unit which isn´t is in command goes down a Level in experience (it doesn´t matter if it is infantry, tanks, cars or what ever). Only HQ and units you buy without HQs (Snipers, ATGs, HMGs and so on) will have their experience every time.

Sorry for my bumpsy english. :)

Sempai - cheers from Germany