• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Message from the new moderator
04-18-2008, 11:09 AM,
RE: Message from the new moderator
Bootie-

I don't think I can actually congratulate you on having the position, but I definitely admire your daring and confidence in taking it. Hope you will find time for games in between dealing with members' episodes of Tourette's Syndrome and compulsive imitations of Maia Callas.
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2008, 05:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2008, 06:14 PM by Colonel Talvela.)
Extraordinarius Wrote:Hope you will find time for games in between dealing with members' episodes of Tourette's Syndrome and compulsive imitations of Maia Callas.

Now that him-who-shall-not-be-named has "left" - of course he will be back - the Tourettes and other personality problems are gone too. So no worries there.

cheers
04-18-2008, 08:41 PM,
Good luck and best wishes wish the new position Bootie.
04-19-2008, 03:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2008, 03:17 AM by Mad Russian.)
After having served with you on several projects and seen your style on FGM I think you'll do just fine here. While there was some smoke and fire in the past nature uses fire to cleanse and what grows back is greener than what was burned away.

The Blitz could have done far worse than to get you to agree to this. Although you must be a glutton for punishment for wanting to!!

All the best Shane. If theres anything you think I can help with you can ask so I can tell you all the reasons I couldn't possibly do them....

RD is right about several things in his part of the discussions over the past couple of weeks. None more pointed than you get out our hobby what you put into it.

All those staff members here and on every other wargame site you know of are VOLUNTEERS!!!! They freely give of their time. Some do volunteer work in other ways. Some make scenarios, other playtest, others write articles or reviews. The ones who get the least out of this hobby are those that play the game and nothing else. Even they get something out of it if they are doing PBEM or tournament games.

For everything you ever see being done there are hours and hours worth of projects that you never see. The scenarios being made, the playtesting, the ones that didn't make the cut as being good enough to be presented to the community. The tournaments that are run.

Those that you see are passionate about the hobby.

The prolific posters, the scenario designers, the playtesters, the VOLUNTEERS that help run the website! Whether or not you get involved to the degree of becoming a Blitz staff member or not means nothing.

I don't post ladder games because unless I play for 30 more years theres no way to top it. Besides I spend too much time in the editor to be a great player. I'm not good at graphics like POS, not a poet like Leto, or statesman like McIvan. What I am is passionate about the game like RD is. So I do what I can to give back.

Think of this during the new beginning....people don't get passionate about things that they don't care about. There will be issues going forward I'm sure. Alot of the members here are passionate about their hobby.

Write a review, playtest a scenario, join a discussion about a topic that interests you. The community will be better when you do!

So thanks to RD for his pas time and welcome Bootie for your new tenure!

Good Hunting.

MR
04-19-2008, 06:46 AM,
Well, I'm here for fun game play, learning new stuff, etc. I trust that will be the main focus...and I wish everyone the best -- past, present, and future...!

:cool:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
04-19-2008, 07:42 AM,
QUOTE: CM was a new game and each post that sprung up was an eye opener in terms of what this programme could do, pictures of the excellent graphics and people sharing their tales of daring do!

Bootie old chap.. it's Derring-do - meaning "reckless courage" not daring do.

Yes, I know, I am... and more!! lol cheers
04-19-2008, 08:37 AM,
LOL... thanks for that Stryker... I'll now know for future reference. :)
04-20-2008, 07:51 AM,
You don't need a 'good luck' from me, we both know eachother quite well by now and I'm sure you'll do just fine!

K
visit WaT HERE!!!
04-22-2008, 01:28 AM,
I think it was about time for me to make my first post here.

And what better way than to congratulate Bootie and Wigam for their new jobs, wich i am sure will go just fine.

Have Fun!
Skilgannon