• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TRPs
06-11-2008, 01:03 AM,
TRPs
In an Assault defense, how do the TRPs work in regards to canceling a fireplan already begun? Versus a human, I could get no menu option to cancel a TRP already being fired on, while versus the AI, in another game, I got the option to cancel the target? :conf:
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2008, 02:05 AM,
RE: TRPs
If you plan the target the first turn past set up a dialogue box comes up to say something like "preplanned, not changeable." This is a good option if you want to rain rocket fire down on the opponents tactical assembly areas since rockets otherwise take a long time to fire. Another option would be to put a TRP into where you think he will assemble.

If you wait another turn, then artillery will operate normally, i.e. you can adjust or cancel. TRPs act to speed delivery of artillery and can be used as boresight targets as well.
06-11-2008, 06:37 AM,
Okay, thanks! I just never noticed the ''unchangable'' message, I guess. So I see it is all based on when you use it....

I just have never done much if anything as defender in Assault or Attack before. Matter of fact, I think I have only defended in a Probe...once...and that was a long time ago!!??

(I was well over a year into CM before I even discovered Spotters could target anything on the map, even without LOS...!!! haha)
06-11-2008, 06:47 AM,
Oh, and I would add another good use for Target Reference Points...and that is to try and anticipate a likely avenue of approach by your opponent, or at a bottle-neck due to terrain contraints...

And I might have made great use of this in a current game, if I hadn't tried to just ''pepper'' a couple possible assembly areas at the very outset, only to see every last shell expended!!... Eek
06-16-2008, 08:26 PM,
In addition you can try the Q button as well.
If the creator of the battle allowed this option you can let the artillery fire with delays.
Each time you press the Q button the opening barrage is delayed 1 minute after the first turn.
In other words in stead of opening fire the first turn you can shift it to turn 8 , 10 or even to thee last turn.
06-17-2008, 07:00 AM,
I don't think that's an option as such....that's just how the game works. You get to delay your pre-programmed fire to when you think you'll need it.

Good for Russian heavy arty, which otherwise has such a long countdown you'll likely never get it on the board before turn 20.
06-17-2008, 07:22 AM,
I have found the delayed, pre-planned barrage useful when attacking with the Russians. If you can identify two or three areas that the opponent has to defend, you can put a barrage right onto them at whatever turn you think would be correct, and best of all pre-planned barrages are always accurate, no matter if the spotter can see them or not! Of course the down side is that you are completely comitted & can't re-target later.
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]