• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

FAO my opponents-Computer Issues
07-11-2008, 07:56 AM,
FAO my opponents-Computer Issues
Gents,
I just assembled a new computer,with a Radeon 200 PRO video card,and what do you know?I can't run CM on it.The system simply freezes on the "loading graphics" screen :(
I'm afraid there will be no turns,untill i'll manage to figure out how to make it work.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2008, 08:01 AM,
RE: FAO my opponents-Computer Issues
Ok Raz... thats bad news. Hope you get it sorted.
07-11-2008, 11:25 AM,
Hope you get it sorted soon...until then, I'll be waiting...

Good luck!
07-12-2008, 03:04 AM,
And i'm back Big Grin You all missed my turns,didn't you? :smoke:
Looks like the latest ATI drivers are buggy.At least when it comes to CM.I downgraded the drivers from 8.5(the latest drivers right now) to 8.411 which were on the cd the video card came with and it worked cheers

Now,where do i find those files that fix the text issues?I found some bitmaps but they display text on black background rather than on a transparent background like i was used.Does anyone have them?
Send this user an email
07-12-2008, 09:36 AM,
Well that didnt take long... I was hoping you'd be down for a while to give you more time doing our Blitz wish list. :)
07-12-2008, 10:53 AM,
I think that the transparent backgrgound does not work with the .BMP fix. At least I could not get it to work. You get used to the black background, I do not even notice it now. If you find a way to get it to work on the transparent, let me know as there are a couple other people out theer that don't like the black.