• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Theater of War ??
09-28-2008, 01:38 AM,
Theater of War ??
Does anyone play ToW ? I don't see a forum for it on the Blitz site. I keep seeing YouTube movies using the game. Just curious if anyone tried it, liked it / hated it, still play it ?
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2008, 02:01 AM,
RE: Theater of War ??
Played it and hated it unfortunately. The graphics are nice but the game play IMO was lacking.

Theatre of War 2 is coming out soon as well.
09-28-2008, 03:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2008, 03:01 AM by redbear415 (FGM).)
I have it actully i enjoy it but do not expect a war game of it is actually the migration from a real time startegic game to a war game. The ballistic is pretty impressive and all the physics arround the game. But the problem is that you have to do alot micromanagement with your troops.

For example the infantry get kill fast if you dont tell them to go to ground and yopur tanks like to go and charge the enemy if you dont't give them the order to hold position, There is no in house combat there are towns on the map butyour troops could not get into the houses and there is not hand to hand combat modelled: This game have a very good potential and the developer are lisenig to it because or of the negative points Of people belived that this game is the same as a CM where lisened and the sequel TOW 2 war in north africa have a very promising feutures like in hause combat seems also hand to hand combat, the troops look for cover where they are under fire This sequel looks very good as a Close combat susesor but it is still under development but i recomemd to keep an eye for it.

In resume if you are looking to a kind of CM game you will get a bloody nose but if you like to take it as a simulator and take time to micromanage (i would say get use to it ) is a fun game to play, but remember don't buy it thinking that it is battlefront and it will be the same as a CM.

The graphics i would say are even veter that PCK but the grass in the game it just eye candy.

Personally i played to learn to use terrain in the game i do the micromanagement but i get use to it personally i have fun with it also i have installed a very good mod for it that add some new missions and units but i would say that it have a very difficult mission where you have to apply and tdeply correctly your troops and also you have to use your braind to come over the situatio.

A final point is that if you give tha Enemy AI arty and air support it will use it agaings you and it is good on that. I hope TOW 2 comeup with the sort comig of the firts title that would be a wonderful game. I hope.
09-28-2008, 04:56 AM,
Test only - please disregard
"A bad plan is still better than no plan at all." -- Mikhail Tal[Image: pzV.jpg]
09-28-2008, 09:51 AM,
no problem...